The United States has long been a prime destination for students seeking a top-notch and widely recognized international education. To assist aspiring scholars, scholars4dev.com has compiled a comprehensive list of scholarships offered by US Colleges and Universities, as well as those granted by the US government and institutions.
USA Government Scholarships for International Students:
- Foreign Fulbright Student Program: The Fulbright Program offers full scholarships to international students interested in pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in the USA. These scholarships can also be awarded for non-degree postgraduate studies, covering tuition fees, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
- Humphrey Fellowship Program: The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides experienced professionals from designated countries with a year of professional enrichment in the United States. The fellowship covers all related expenses and is awarded based on leadership potential and commitment to public service.
US Colleges and Universities Scholarships:
- AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Program: American University awards scholarships to high-achieving international students dedicated to positive civic and social change in their home countries. The scholarship covers full tuition, room, and board for one international student.
- Amherst College Scholarships: Amherst College offers need-based financial aid to financially needy international students, covering their determined financial need with a combination of scholarships, grants, and employment opportunities.
- Berea College Scholarships: Admitted international students at Berea College receive financial aid and scholarships that cover 100% of tuition, room, board, and fees for the first year of enrollment. In subsequent years, students are expected to contribute $1,000 toward their expenses.
- Clark University Scholarships: Clark University offers the Clark Presidential Scholarships to outstanding students, covering full tuition and on-campus room and board for all four years.
- Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships: International students at Colby-Sawyer College are eligible for merit-based financial aid, with scholarship values increasing based on academic ability.
- Columbia College Scholarships: Columbia College provides scholarships and awards to outstanding international students, including one-time cash grants or tuition reductions.
- Concordia College Scholarships: Concordia College offers partial financial assistance to international students based on academic ability and family need.
- Dartmouth College Scholarships: Dartmouth College meets the demonstrated need of all admitted undergraduates, including international students, providing scholarships, and loans that may include an allowance for travel to the U.S.
- East Tennessee State University: ETSU offers the International Students Academic Merit Scholarship for new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree.
- East West Center: The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in leadership development programs while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai’i.
These scholarships in the USA offer invaluable opportunities for international students to pursue their academic dreams and contribute to their home countries positively. Whether through government-sponsored programs or institutions’ offerings, these scholarships pave the way for a world-class education and personal growth on American soil.