If you’re a student from the United States or Canada with a passion for delving into the rich cultural, political, historical, economic, and social aspects of modern and contemporary German affairs, then the DAAD German Studies Research Grant for 2023 might be the perfect opportunity for you!
The DAAD German Studies Research Grant is provided by the prestigious German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and offers partial funding ranging from $2,000 to $3,000. The grant supports students pursuing Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degrees in the field of German Studies. It is essential to note that applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada to be eligible for this scholarship.
To be eligible for this exciting scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the USA or Canada.
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a university that will nominate you for the grant.
- Bachelors applicants should have at least junior (third-year) standing and be pursuing a German Studies track or minor.
- Masters applicants must be studying in the humanities or social sciences and should be working on a project or receiving a certificate in German Studies.
- All applicants must have completed at least three courses in German Studies (e.g., politics, literature, history) and have two years of college-level German language proficiency.
- Nomination by your department and/or program chair is required for all applicants.
To apply for the DAAD German Studies Research Grant, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- Completed DAAD application form.
- Curriculum vitae (résumé).
- A brief description of your research project, including a research plan.
- Budget statement outlining your projected expenses.
- Itinerary detailing your planned activities during the grant period.
- List of German language studies and German Studies courses you have taken.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- DAAD language evaluation form.
- The application form must be signed by an official of a Goethe Institute or a faculty member from the German Department.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
The deadline for submitting your application for the DAAD German Studies Research Grant 2023 is November 1, 2023. Make sure to complete your application well before the deadline to ensure consideration for this remarkable opportunity.
Seize the Opportunity:
If you have a deep interest in German culture and history and wish to pursue your academic journey in the USA or Canada, this scholarship could be your ticket to success. Don’t miss out on this chance to gain partial funding for your Bachelors, Masters, or PhD studies in the fascinating field of German Studies. Apply now and take your passion to new heights with the DAAD German Studies Research Grant 2023!