Scholarships

Norway Tuition Free Universities and Scholarships for International Students

Sponsored Links

Norway has emerged as a top study destination for international students, with a growing number of universities and colleges offering Bachelor’s and Master’s programs in English. One of the most appealing aspects for students is that tuition fees are free for everyone, including international students. This makes Norway one of the few countries in the world where higher education is accessible without financial burden.

At Norwegian state universities and state university colleges, international students are exempted from paying tuition fees in general. However, they are required to pay a semester fee, which typically ranges from NOK 300 to 600 (approximately $50 to $100) each semester.

ALSO READ:  Account Spark STEM Scholarship Fund 2023

This fee applies to all levels of study, including undergraduate, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs. Some specialized Master’s programs at state institutions may have tuition fees, but they are still relatively affordable.

Private institutions in Norway may charge tuition fees for their programs, but these fees are usually much lower than those in many other countries. Importantly, international students are not subjected to higher tuition fees compared to Norwegian students.

For international students looking for additional financial support, the Norwegian government offers scholarship programs that cover living costs in Norway.

ALSO READ:  ENS International Selection Scholarships

One such program is the Norwegian Quota Scheme, which awards scholarships to students from developing countries, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia. The objective is to contribute to capacity building in these countries through education, benefiting their home countries when the students return.

The scholarship covers courses taught in English at the Master’s and Ph.D. levels, along with certain professional degrees. About 40% of the scholarship amount is provided as a grant, and the remaining 60% is offered as a loan. However, the loan portion is waived when the student returns to their home country after completing their studies.

Moreover, the Erasmus+ Scholarship Program in Norway offers grants to students from program and partner countries pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. studies at a Norwegian university or university college. The monthly grant amount varies between €250 and €850, based on fixed rates for each country. Additionally, Erasmus students are exempted from paying tuition, registration, examination, and laboratory fees at the host institution.

ALSO READ:  Türkiye Scholarships for International Students

Overall, Norway’s commitment to providing tuition-free education, coupled with attractive scholarship opportunities, makes it an enticing choice for international students seeking quality education without a hefty financial burden.

Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Back to top button