The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship program, initiated by Zonta International, aims to break gender barriers in business management by providing opportunities for women to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the field.
Established in 1998 by the Zonta Foundation for Women, this merit-based scholarship is named after Jane M. Klausman, an esteemed member of the Syracuse Zonta Club and former Zonta International Parliamentarian. Ms. Klausman, throughout her career, served as a professional secretary, legislator, and entrepreneur.
The scholarship is awarded annually to one outstanding female student in the United States who is pursuing a business program at an accredited university, college, or institute.
The eligible fields of specialization include accounting, economics, finance, business management, business technology, information technology, marketing, operations management, human resources management, international business, or entrepreneurship. Applicants must be living or studying within a Zonta district/region.
To be eligible for the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Women of any age can apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program or the final year of a master’s degree at the time of application.
- Students must be studying in an accredited university/college/institute.
- Online students enrolled at an approved university/college/institute are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be enrolled in school at the time of awarding and should not graduate before April 2023.
- Previous recipients of the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
Applicants must submit all required application materials to their local Zonta club by the specified deadline. For candidates residing in areas without Zonta clubs, there is an option to apply for foreign scholarships through a Zonta district/region.
Scholarship Amount and Renewability
The scholarship amount is not specified, but it is awarded on a merit basis, recognizing the academic excellence and potential of the recipient. The scholarship is renewable for eligible candidates.
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship program is a commendable initiative by Zonta International to promote gender equality in the business world. By supporting women pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in business management, the scholarship helps bridge the gender gap from the classroom to the boardroom. For more information about the scholarship, interested applicants can visit the official Zonta International website or contact them via email or phone.