Are you an international student seeking a chance to pursue a Master’s degree at a renowned university? Flinders University is offering the prestigious Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS) for the year 2023, which covers tuition fees, provides a stipend, and offers additional benefits to the lucky recipients.
What is the FIPRS?
The FIPRS is a highly sought-after scholarship program designed to support international students who wish to undertake research-based Master’s degrees at Flinders University in Australia. The scholarship is highly competitive, with only a limited number of slots available each year, so it presents a unique opportunity for deserving candidates.
To be eligible for the FIPRS, you must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of any country except Australia and New Zealand. Holders of Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship are not eligible.
- New Student: The scholarship is specifically for students who will be commencing full-time higher research degrees for the first time in Australia during the year for which the award is offered.
- Research Concentration: The university seeks candidates intending to enroll in areas of research concentration, which align with the university’s research strengths and have attracted external funding.
- Entry Requirements: You must satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including meeting the English language proficiency levels as per the university’s requirements.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
If you are selected for the FIPRS, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition Coverage: The scholarship covers the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for your research-based Master’s degree.
- Stipend: In addition to tuition coverage, you will receive a generous living allowance of $33,000 per annum (as of 2023). The stipend is tax exempt and adjusted annually.
- Establishment Allowance: If you are an international student relocating to Adelaide for your studies, you may be eligible for an establishment allowance of up to $1,485. This financial support helps with relocation costs and airfares, provided you provide relevant receipts.
How to Apply:
To apply for the FIPRS, visit the official Flinders University website and submit your application before the deadline of 04 August 2023. Keep in mind that the scholarship is highly competitive, so make sure to showcase your outstanding aptitude for independent research and academic excellence.
The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is an incredible opportunity for international students to pursue their research dreams in Australia. If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a passion for research, don’t miss this chance to apply for the FIPRS and take your academic journey to new heights! Good luck!