The University of Melbourne in Australia offers an excellent opportunity for high-achieving international students through its International Undergraduate Scholarship. This prestigious scholarship is designed to recognize and reward outstanding academic performance.
Who Can Apply?
The scholarship is available to students from countries other than Australia and New Zealand who do not hold permanent residency in Australia. To be eligible, applicants must have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne and meet specific academic criteria based on their final year school results.
The International Undergraduate Scholarship provides three options for fee remission:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission for the first year of the undergraduate degree.
- 50% fee remission for the entire three-year duration of the undergraduate degree.
- 100% fee remission for the entire three-year duration of the undergraduate degree.
Fields of Study:
The scholarship is applicable to all undergraduate degree programs offered at the University of Melbourne, allowing students to pursue their passion in any academic field.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be automatically considered for the scholarship; there is no separate application required. To be considered for the award, students need to apply for admission to an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne.
For Semester 1, 2023, the admissions deadline was 31 October 2022, and for Semester 2, 2023, it was 31 May 2023. Currently, applications are closed, but interested students can check the official scholarship website for updates on future application periods.
Applicants need to have achieved outstanding final year school results, and the specific requirements vary based on the education system they come from:
- GCE A-levels: At least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 93% in the best three subjects.
- Most Australian Foundation Studies: An overall result of at least 98%.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): A score of at least 42.
- US High School: A GPA of at least 3.9 combined with a SAT score of at least 1500 or an ACT score of at least 31.
- Canada Secondary School: An overall score of at least 97%.
- India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE, or State Board Exam): An overall score of at least 95%.
- Vietnam High School: An overall score of at least 90%.
One thing to note is that applicants should not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies, except for extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program.
If you wish to learn more about the scholarship and its application process, please visit the official scholarship website: https://scholarships.unimelb.edu.au/awards/melbourne-international-undergraduate-scholarship. Keep an eye out for updates on future application periods and start preparing to seize this fantastic opportunity to study at the University of Melbourne, one of Australia’s leading institutions.