Are you a motivated and talented graduate from a developing country looking to pursue a Master’s degree in fields related to social development and development studies? If so, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering an exciting opportunity through its Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance (PPGG) in 2023. This prestigious scholarship aims to support outstanding individuals who are committed to making a positive impact on their home countries’ social, political, and economic development.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Educational Background: Candidates should possess a well-qualified first university degree in disciplines such as social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, and administration.
- Commitment to Development: Aspiring scholars should demonstrate a genuine interest in actively contributing to the advancement of their home countries or regions in the areas of social, political, and economic development.
- Practical Experience: Applicants are encouraged to have prior practical experience relevant to the program, such as professional experience, internships, or involvement in political and social initiatives.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme provides comprehensive support to selected students, including:
- Full Funding: The scholarship covers tuition fees, ensuring financial relief for students pursuing their Master’s degrees at German higher education institutions.
- Stipend: Recipients will receive a monthly stipend of currently €934 to cover living expenses during their studies in Germany.
- Health Insurance Coverage: The scholarship also includes health insurance coverage for the duration of the Master’s program in Germany.
- Travel Allowances: Students will receive appropriate travel allowances for journeys between Germany and their respective developing and emerging countries.
- Study and Research Grant: Scholars will have access to a study and research grant to facilitate academic pursuits.
- Rent Subsidies and Family Supplements: Depending on individual circumstances, selected candidates may be eligible for rent subsidies and family supplements.
Preceding German Language Course:
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to participate in a mandatory German language course in Germany for up to six months before commencing their Master’s program. This language course aims to facilitate effective communication and integration into German academic life.
The deadline for submitting applications for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2023 is 31st July 2023. Don’t miss this chance to further your education and contribute to the development of your home country!
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are passionate about creating a positive impact through social development and development studies, we encourage you to apply for this prestigious scholarship. For more information and to access the application portal, please visit [insert the application link here]. Take the first step towards an enriching academic journey and a brighter future for your community. Good luck!