The ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship Program (ACYLS) is a prestigious initiative designed to strengthen educational cooperation and foster academic exchanges between ASEAN Member States (AMS) and the People’s Republic of China (PRC). This program aims to create a closer community of shared future by nurturing young and promising professionals from ASEAN countries.
The scholarship is generously funded by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) through the ASEAN-China Cooperation Fund (ACCF), providing full funding for Masters, PhD, and Post Doctoral degrees in various fields offered by Chinese universities.
To be eligible for the ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Candidates must be citizens of an ASEAN Member State. The eligible countries include Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- Health and Language Proficiency: Applicants should be in good physical and mental health and demonstrate proficiency in English, with an IELTS score of at least 6.0 or a TOEFL score of at least 80 points.
- Educational Background: For a Master’s degree, applicants should hold an undergraduate degree and be under the age of 45. For a PhD degree, candidates should possess a graduate/master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
- Work Experience: Candidates must have at least one-year work experience within government agencies, public or private institutions, universities, think tanks, or similar social agencies. Preferably, they should have experience related to foreign and international affairs, especially ASEAN and China-ASEAN affairs, work or study in the PRC, or academic work on China or ASEAN-related affairs.
- Other Requirements: Applicants must not be concurrent awardees of a Chinese government scholarship and must fulfill the admission requirements of the Chinese universities they apply to.
Applicants need to submit the following documents as part of their application:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in English)
- Copy of a valid ordinary passport home page
- Notarized highest diploma
- Academic transcripts
- Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters (in Chinese or English)
- Valid documents of legal guardians in China (for applicants under 18)
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Resume or CV, including educational background and work experience after high school
- Non-criminal record report
The ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship provides full funding, which includes:
- Tuition Fees
- Monthly Stipend:
- Master’s students: 4,000 RMB per month
- Doctoral students: 5,000 RMB per month
- Research scholars: 5,000 RMB per month
- One-time Settlement Fee
- International Round-trip Air Fare
- Medical Insurance
The ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship 2023 offers an excellent opportunity for young professionals from ASEAN countries to pursue their academic dreams in China. By encouraging people-to-people exchanges and academic collaborations, this scholarship program aims to strengthen the bonds between ASEAN and China. If you are an eligible candidate with a passion for academic excellence and a desire to contribute to the ASEAN-China relationship, don’t miss this chance to apply for this prestigious scholarship. Act fast, as the application deadline varies. Start gathering the required documents and embark on your journey towards a brighter future!