If you dream of studying abroad and are looking for scholarships to support your journey, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we have compiled a list of 75 prestigious international scholarships for distance learning courses, training/short courses, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and PhD degrees. These scholarships are specifically designed for international students and can help make your study abroad dreams a reality. Let’s explore some of the best scholarship programs you should watch out for in 2023 and 2024.
Distance Learning Scholarships for International Students:
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships: These scholarships support candidates pursuing Master’s degree courses in partnership with universities in developing countries or directly delivered by UK institutions.
- Edinburgh Global Distance Learning Scholarships: The University of Edinburgh offers scholarships for distance learning Master’s programs, covering full tuition fees over three years.
- University of the People Tuition Free Degrees: University of the People offers Associate and Bachelor Degree Programs in Business Administration and Computer Science with free tuition. Scholarships are available to cover application and exam processing fees.
Short Courses/Training Scholarships for International Students:
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships (USA): This program provides a year of professional enrichment in the United States for experienced professionals from designated countries worldwide.
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (UGRAD) (USA): UGRAD offers one-semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service and cultural enrichment.
Bachelors Scholarships for International Students:
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (USA): Targeted to high-achieving international students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree at the University, covering full tuition and board.
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia (Canada): Provides scholarships for talented secondary and post-secondary international students, covering full tuition costs for the relevant program of study and living expenses.
- Reach Oxford Scholarships (UK): Offered to students from developing countries who cannot study for a degree in their own countries, covering university and college fees, living expenses, and airfare.
- UCL Global Undergraduate Scholarships (UK): Aimed at international students from low-income backgrounds, offering full tuition fees and maintenance.
- Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarships for Developing Country Students: Provides scholarships ranging from $300 to $3000 USD annually to students from developing nations or situations of extreme poverty.
- Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships (Australia): Established to recognize the contribution of international students to the university’s diversity, offering partial and full tuition fee waivers.
- York University International Student Scholarships (Canada): Provides scholarships ranging from $80,000 to $180,000 for international students pursuing full-time undergraduate degrees.
Bachelors/Masters Scholarships for International Students:
- Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships (Australia): Offers partial tuition fee scholarships to outstanding students from specific countries studying at Macquarie University.
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships (UK): Open to international and EU students pursuing full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught courses at Sheffield Hallam University, providing a half fee waiver for the first year of study.
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships (UK): Investing £500,000 to attract the brightest international students to the University of Bristol, offering tuition fee waivers ranging from £5,000 to £20,000.
- University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships (UK): Provides financial support to outstanding students pursuing full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at the University of West London, worth up to £5,000 towards tuition fees.
- Lund University Global Scholarships (Sweden): Targeted at top academic students from non-EU countries pursuing Bachelors or Masters Degree Programmes at Lund University, covering 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% of the tuition fee.
- Emily Boutmy Scholarships for International Students (France): Awarded to top international students from outside the EU applying for eligible Bachelor’s or Master’s programmes, offering various scholarship amounts.
Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students:
- Joint Japan World Bank Scholarships (Various Countries): Sponsor students from developing countries to pursue preferred Masters programs at participating Universities worldwide, covering tuition fees, travel costs, and living allowance.
- ADB Japan Scholarship Program (Asian Countries): Provides full tuition fees, monthly subsistence allowance, housing allowance, book allowance, insurance, and travel expenses for postgraduate studies at participating institutions.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships (Any Country): Offers postgraduate scholarships to outstanding students from developing countries on a 50% grant and 50% loan basis.
- Rotary Foundation Global Study Grants (Various Countries): Funds graduate-level coursework or research in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus for one to four academic years, valued at least $30,000.
- British Chevening Scholarships (UK): The UK government’s global scholarship program offering awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world for postgraduate courses in the UK.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme at UK Universities (UK): Intended for students from developing Commonwealth countries who want to undertake Master’s level study in the UK, covering tuition fees, airfare, and more.
- University of the West of England Chancellor’s Scholarships (UK): Offers more than £100,000 worth of scholarships for international students each year, including full tuition fee coverage.
- Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham (UK): Designed for international students from developing countries who want to study a Master’s Degree and make a difference in their home country, covering full or partial tuition fees.
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands): Open to outstanding non-EEA/non-EFTA students enrolling in a master’s degree program offered at Leiden University, offering various scholarship amounts.
- Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands): Offers a number of outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in selected fields at Utrecht University, covering tuition fees or additional living expenses.
- University of Maastricht Holland High Potential Scholarships (Netherlands): Provides scholarships to talented students from outside the EU/EEA to follow a Master’s program at Maastricht University, covering tuition fees, living expenses, insurance, and visa costs.
- Radboud University Scholarship Programme (Netherlands): Offers talented prospective non-EEA students a partial tuition waiver for English-taught Master’s degree programs at Radboud University Nijmegen, also covering visa, residence permit, health insurance, and liability insurance costs.
- University of Twente Scholarships (Netherlands): Offers scholarships for excellent students from non-EEA countries applying for a graduate program at the University of Twente, ranging from €6,000 to €25,000 for one year.
- VU University Amsterdam Fellowship Programme (Netherlands): Provides tuition fee waivers for outstanding prospective students from outside the EU/EEA enrolling in selected Master’s programs at VU University Amsterdam.
- TU Delft Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands): Offers Justus & Louise van Effen scholarships for excellent international MSc students wishing to study at TU Delft, covering 75% of the tuition fees.
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (Sweden): Offers scholarships to highly-qualified international students from several countries pursuing full-time master’s level studies in Sweden, covering tuition fees, living expenses, travel grant, and insurance.
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarships (Sweden): Provides 50 IPOET scholarships to fee-paying students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to pursue any Master’s Degree Program offered at Chalmers University, covering 75% of tuition fees.
- Uppsala IPK Scholarships (Sweden): Offers scholarships to outstanding non-EU/EEA students applying for Master’s programs at Uppsala University, covering tuition fees.
- Umea University Scholarships for International Students (Sweden): Offers scholarships to talented non-EU/EEA citizens pursuing English-taught Master’s study programs at Umeå University, providing full or partial reduction of tuition fees.
- ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship Programme (Switzerland): Supports excellent students pursuing a Master’s degree at ETH through grants covering living and study expenses.
- University of Lausanne Master’s Grant for Foreign Students (Switzerland): Provides grants of CHF 1,600 per month for students from outside the EU/EEA enrolling in a Master’s program at the University of Lausanne.
- University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships (Switzerland): Offers grants of CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year to outstanding students from any university pursuing a Master’s of Science program at the Faculty of Science, University of Geneva.
- ENS International Selection Scholarships (France): Allows exceptional international students to follow a three-year Master’s Degree and Diploma at ENS, receiving a monthly grant of approximately €1,000.
- Ampere Excellence Scholarships for International Students (France): Provides scholarships to excellent international students pursuing eligible Master’s programs at ENS de Lyon, offering €1,000 per month for 12 months.
- VLIR-UOS Masters Scholarships (Belgium): Awards scholarships to students from eligible countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, enabling them to pursue English-taught Master’s programs in Belgian universities.
- K.U. Leuven Scholarships for International Students (Belgium): Offers the Science@Leuven Scholarship to motivated and talented international students pursuing international master programs at KU.Leuven, with amounts varying based on individual circumstances.
- DAAD Scholarships with Relevance to Developing Countries (Germany): Provides scholarships to international students for postgraduate courses at German Universities, aiming to support academically educated young professionals from developing countries.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships at Roskilde University (Denmark): Offers limited Danish state tuition fee waivers and scholarships to highly talented students from non-EU/EEA countries studying at Roskilde University, covering tuition fees and living expenses.
Masters/PhD Scholarships for International Students:
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA): Enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to research and study in the United States, covering tuition, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australia): Provides opportunities for people from developing countries in the Indo-Pacific region to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and institutions, covering various expenses.
- UK Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries (UK): Intended for students from developing Commonwealth countries pursuing Master’s and PhD studies in the UK, covering tuition, airfare, stipend, thesis grant, and more.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK): Awards outstanding applicants from outside the UK scholarships for full-time postgraduate degrees at the University of Cambridge, covering tuition and additional funding.
- Clarendon Scholarships at the University of Oxford (UK): Provides graduate scholarship opportunities across all degree-bearing subjects at the University of Oxford, covering tuition and a maintenance stipend.
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme (France): Offers scholarships for exceptional students from outside France pursuing Master’s and PhD degrees, covering living and study expenses, but not tuition fees.
- Erik Bleumink Scholarships at the University of Groningen (Netherlands): Awards scholarships to talented students from developing countries pursuing a 1-year or 2-year Master’s degree program at the University of Groningen, covering various expenses.
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships (Germany): Provides scholarships to international students from outside the EU who wish to pursue Master’s or PhD degrees in Germany, offering monthly allowances and individual allowances.
Research/PhD Scholarships for International Students:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Canada): Created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students, providing funding of $50,000 per year for three years.
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (Canada): Merit-based awards for full-time graduate students pursuing Master’s or PhD degrees at the University of Manitoba, offering a value of $18,000 for Ph.D. and $14,000 for Master’s for a 12-month period.
- Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (UK): Offers scholarships to international students pursuing PhD studies at the University of Cambridge, covering the University Composition Fee and a maintenance allowance.
- Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships (UK): Awarded to outstanding international PhD applicants, covering full overseas tuition fees and a maintenance stipend.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) (Australia): Enables international students to undertake postgraduate research qualifications in Australia, providing scholarships for two years for a Master’s degree and three years for a Ph.D.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships (Australia): Awarded to international students undertaking graduate research degree studies at the University of Melbourne, offering benefits such as living allowance, relocation allowance, tuition fee remission, and more.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland): Provides scholarships for graduates from all fields to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland, covering monthly allowances, tuition fees, health insurance, and more.
- Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Programme at KU Leuven (Belgium): Offers exceptional students from developing countries scholarship candidates to obtain their Ph.D. from KU Leuven, covering tuition fees, allowances, and other expenses.
These international scholarships present incredible opportunities for students from around the world to pursue their educational goals abroad. Whether you’re interested in distance learning, short courses, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, or Ph.D. studies, there is a scholarship program that might be the perfect fit for you. Don’t miss out on these excellent opportunities to study at some of the world’s top universities while receiving financial support. Take the first step towards your dream of studying abroad and apply for these prestigious scholarships in 2023 or 2024!