Are you an international student from a developing country aspiring to study abroad? There are several government-funded scholarships available to help you achieve your academic goals. These scholarships are offered by various countries and institutions, providing financial assistance for a wide range of degree programs. Let’s take a look at some of these opportunities:
- Australian Awards Scholarships (Australia): Formerly known as Australia Development Scholarships (ADS), these scholarships are open to students from Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. They cover vocational education and training courses, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as PhD programs at participating Australian universities and TAFE institutions. The benefits include full tuition fees, air travel, establishment allowance, living expenses, and health cover.
- DAAD Scholarships for Development Related Postgraduate Courses (Germany): Offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), these scholarships support international students and young professionals from developing countries. The focus is on postgraduate courses at German universities with relevance to developing nations. The scholarships can be full or partial, covering tuition and other expenses.
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (Sweden): Highly-qualified international students from developing countries can pursue full-time Master’s studies at Swedish Universities through these scholarships. The scholarship includes tuition fees, living expenses, some travel grants, and insurance.
- VLIR-UOS Scholarships (Belgium): Students from 54 developing countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America can pursue English Taught Training or Master’s Programs related to development at universities in Belgium. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, allowances, travel costs, and other program-related expenses.
- New Zealand International Scholarships (New Zealand): Designed to assist students from selected developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, these scholarships support postgraduate studies in specific subject areas. The benefits include tuition fees, travel costs, living allowances, and insurance.
In addition to government-funded scholarships, there are several institution-funded scholarships that can further support your education journey. Some of these include:
- Joint Japan World Bank Scholarships: Providing annual awards to students from developing countries, these scholarships cover the cost of completing a master’s degree or equivalent, including tuition, subsistence allowance, and travel costs.
- OFID Scholarships: For qualified applicants from developing countries, OFID offers fully-funded scholarships to pursue Master’s degrees at accredited universities worldwide. The scholarship includes tuition support and a monthly allowance to cover living expenses.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships: Limited scholarships are available for outstanding postgraduate students from selected developing countries. These scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant and 50% loan basis and assist with tuition fees and living expenses.
- Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarships for Developing Countries: Individuals facing extreme poverty in developing nations can apply for these scholarships. The average amount awarded is $1400 and can be used for tuition, fees, books, and approved costs.
- University-Funded Scholarships: Various universities across the globe offer scholarships to students from developing countries to pursue their academic dreams. Examples include the Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham (UK), the Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme at Oxford University, and the Erik Bleumink Scholarships at the University of Groningen (Netherlands).
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (USA): High-achieving international students dedicated to positive social change can apply for this scholarship to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree at the American University. The scholarship covers full tuition and room & board.
These scholarships are a fantastic opportunity for students from developing countries to receive a quality education and make a positive impact in their home countries. Take advantage of these opportunities and turn your academic dreams into reality!