Are you an ambitious student from one of the eligible countries looking to study in New Zealand? The University of Waikato is offering the International Excellence Scholarship, a fantastic opportunity for talented international students like you to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at their esteemed institution.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be a citizen of or currently studying in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, UK, France, Norway, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Jordan, Iran, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Mauritius. You should not be currently enrolled at the University of Waikato, and this opportunity is for new students only.
What Does the Scholarship Offer?
The scholarship provides financial support of up to NZD 10,000, which will be directly applied to your tuition fees for the chosen program of study. The amount offered will be determined based on factors like academic achievement, available funding, grades, financial need, and more.
Applications for the International Excellence Scholarship can be submitted at any time during the year. However, it is essential to be overseas at the time of application and submit your scholarship application before lodging a visa application to travel to New Zealand.
To apply, you need to write a personal statement answering the following questions:
- What are your career goals and aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities and skills make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
The application process and detailed information can be found on the official scholarship website: [Link to the official scholarship website]
Important Eligibility Requirements:
- You must not be classified as a domestic student.
- You must have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato.
- In the year of the scholarship, you must be enrolling in a full-time program with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato.
- You should be residing in New Zealand during the scholarship tenure and may study a maximum of 50% of the course online, if available.
- You must not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body, Guaranteed Credit Arrangement, or study abroad/student exchange agreement.
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship offers a fantastic opportunity for talented students from eligible countries to pursue their dreams of higher education in New Zealand. If you meet the criteria and are passionate about becoming a global ambassador for the University of Waikato, don’t miss this chance to apply. Visit the official scholarship website for more information and start your journey towards an exceptional academic experience!