Are you a student of Earth sciences looking for financial assistance to cover the costs of fieldwork? The Bob Savage Memorial Fund is here to help! Offered by the University of Bristol, this scholarship aims to support MSc and PhD students in Palaeontology and Paleobiology with partial funding of up to £200.
Who Can Apply?
The scholarship is open to all nationals who are studying one of the following courses at the University of Bristol:
- MSci Palaeontology and Evolution
- MSc Palaeobiology
- PhD Earth Sciences (in the Palaeobiology Research Group)
Application Deadline: 15th September 2023
How to Apply:
To apply for the Bob Savage Memorial Fund, you will need to submit the following documents:
- An outline research plan, explaining the purpose of the funding (one side of A4 in font size 12).
- A summary of the costs involved and the specific amount of funding requested. The maximum award amount is £200.
- Details of any other scholarship applications you have made. It’s preferred if you have attempted to secure funding from other sources before applying to this scholarship. Clearly state the outcomes of previous applications, whether they were successful, rejected, or pending.
- Your CV to showcase your academic background and achievements.
Value of the Scholarship:
The Bob Savage Memorial Fund offers funding of up to £200 to support fieldwork expenses, including museum visits and other research-related activities. However, please note that the scholarship does not cover costs associated with attending conferences.
Apply Today and Pursue Your Passion in Earth Sciences!
If you are studying Palaeontology, Palaeobiology, or related fields at the University of Bristol and require financial support for fieldwork, don’t miss this opportunity! The Bob Savage Memorial Fund can provide you with the assistance you need to advance your research and academic pursuits. Remember, the deadline for application is 15th September 2023, so make sure to submit your application in time. Good luck with your studies and research!