Are you fascinated by the wonders of science and technology? Do you dream of becoming a thoughtful leader in your field, designing groundbreaking innovations that benefit humanity?
Look no further than the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) in the Netherlands! Founded in 1956 through the collaboration of industry, local government, and academia, TU/e has become a renowned public technical university, currently ranking 342nd in Best Global Universities.
Why Choose Eindhoven University of Technology?
TU/e is committed to providing academic education driven by both fundamental and applied research. By integrating education and research, students have the unique opportunity to dive deep into their chosen fields, gaining invaluable knowledge and practical skills to make a significant impact in the world.
Exciting PhD Opportunities in Electrical Engineering:
For those seeking to delve into the realm of Electrical Engineering, TU/e offers an enticing PhD program with a focus on quantum or classical cryptography. Whether you hail from the Netherlands or overseas, you have an equal chance to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
To be eligible for the PhD program, candidates must have prior experience in quantum or classical cryptography. Moreover, applicants must hold a master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, or a related area with a strong cybersecurity background. Proficiency in spoken and written English is also essential.
The application deadline for this prestigious program is 13th March 2023. To apply, interested students must submit their PhD admission application through the university portal and a separate scholarship application form. Alongside these, applicants should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a brief description of their MSc thesis, and transcripts of their grades from both BSc and MSc studies.
Benefits of Studying at TU/e:
If you are selected as a PhD candidate at TU/e, you can expect a host of benefits that make your academic journey even more rewarding. These include:
- Full-Time Employment: You will be employed for four years, with an intermediate evaluation after nine months.
- Salary and Benefits: You will receive a competitive salary along with various benefits, including pension scheme, paid pregnancy and maternity leave, and partially paid parental leave, all in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additional Allowances: A year-end bonus of 8.3%, annual vacation pay of 8%, commuting allowance, and allowances for working from home and internet costs.
- High-Quality Training: TU/e provides top-notch training programs and support to nurture you into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher.
- Excellent Infrastructure: Enjoy access to cutting-edge technical infrastructure, on-campus children’s daycare, and sports facilities.
- Immigration and Tax Support: The university offers a Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) to assist international students.
Studying at the Eindhoven University of Technology is a pathway to achieving the unimaginable. With a strong focus on science and technology, driven by fundamental and applied research, TU/e offers a world-class education and research experience.
If you have a passion for Electrical Engineering and experience in quantum or classical cryptography, seize this opportunity to become a thoughtful leader in your field. Apply now and embark on a journey of innovation, discovery, and personal growth at TU/e!