In this blog post, we will discuss an excellent opportunity for international students interested in pursuing a full-time PhD at the University of Roehampton, UK. Thanks to the generous support of the Society of the Sacred Heart, three fully-funded PhD studentships are available for new overseas students.
These scholarships aim to nurture academic excellence and research potential while promoting contributions to candidates’ home communities.
About the Scholarships: The University of Roehampton is offering three fully-funded, full-time PhD studentships, starting from 1 October 2017. The scholarships will cover the overseas fees, provide a tax-free stipend of £16,057 per year (at Research Council UK rates), and also offer support for research project costs. The duration of the scholarships is three years, subject to yearly assessments of satisfactory progress.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for these scholarships, candidates must meet the standard requirements for PhD study at Roehampton and demonstrate the following:
- Academic Excellence: Applicants should have a strong academic record and display potential for academic excellence at the doctoral level.
- Nationality and Domicile: The scholarships are open to all international students, but preference will be given to candidates from lower or middle-income countries. Sole citizens of and domiciled in lower-middle income countries will be given priority.
- Commitment to Home Community: Successful candidates must exhibit a commitment to contributing to their home community through their proposed research project or area of study and their future career plans.
- Fit of Proposed Project: The planned research project or area of study should align with the research environment at Roehampton and be compatible with the available supervisory expertise.
Application Process: Applications for these scholarships are currently closed. However, candidates interested in applying in the future should follow these steps:
- Contact a Potential Academic Supervisor: Prior to submitting a full application, candidates should get in touch with a potential academic supervisor at Roehampton to discuss their project ideas.
- Submit Application: Once applications are open, candidates can complete and submit their application forms by the specified deadline, which was 5 December 2016 for the previous intake.
For detailed information on how to apply and access the application form, interested individuals should visit the official scholarship website provided below.
The University of Roehampton’s fully-funded PhD scholarships offer a wonderful opportunity for international students to pursue their research ambitions in a diverse range of disciplines.
Through these scholarships, the University aims to support academic excellence while encouraging candidates to contribute to their home communities through their research and future career endeavors. To stay updated on future scholarship openings, interested applicants should regularly check the official scholarship website for announcements.