The Rhodes Scholarships offer an incredible opportunity for exceptional students to pursue postgraduate studies at the prestigious University of Oxford in the UK. Established in 1902 by Cecil Rhodes, it is the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship program worldwide.
In this blog post, we will explore the key details of the Rhodes Scholarship Fund, including eligibility criteria, application process, and the benefits it provides.
What is the Rhodes Scholarship Fund?
The Rhodes Scholarships support outstanding students worldwide to undertake full-time postgraduate degrees at Oxford University. Each year, a class of 95 Scholars is selected from various countries and regions, making it a truly diverse and globally inclusive program.
To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizenship & Residency: Candidates must fulfill the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency they are applying for. Specific countries and regions are included in the scholarship program.
- Age: Applicants should be between 18 and 24 years old on October 1st, 2023. For older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual, they should be under 27 years old on October 1st, 2023, and have completed their first undergraduate degree on or after October 1st, 2022.
- Education: Candidates must have completed an undergraduate degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) with a First Class Honours or equivalent academic background, meeting the entry requirements for their chosen full-time course at Oxford University.
- English Language Proficiency: A sufficiently high standard of English is required to meet the University of Oxford’s language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level specified).
Applicants should carefully review the scholarship information provided on the country-specific pages to understand the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadlines specific to their country. The application period generally falls between July and October 2023. Detailed instructions on how to apply can be found on the official website.
Recipients of the Rhodes Scholarship receive comprehensive financial support, including:
- Full coverage of University and College fees.
- A living stipend of £18,180 per annum (AY 2022/23).
- A settling-in allowance, health insurance, and visa support.
- Two economy class flights to and from the UK at the beginning and end of their studies at Oxford.
Duration of Scholarship:
The scholarship’s duration varies depending on the degree pursued by the recipient. The Conditions of Tenure document provides information on permitted degree combinations and the number of years covered by the Scholarship.
The Rhodes Scholarship Fund presents a life-changing opportunity for exceptional students to pursue their postgraduate studies at the renowned University of Oxford. With its longstanding history and global prestige, this scholarship program opens doors to a bright future for talented individuals from diverse backgrounds. If you meet the eligibility criteria and dream of studying at Oxford, don’t miss the chance to apply for this prestigious scholarship. For more information and application details, visit the official scholarship website linked below.
Website: Official Scholarship Website