Are you looking to pursue your undergraduate studies at a prestigious Canadian university known for its experiential learning and strong employer-student connections?
The University of Waterloo might be the perfect choice for you! Founded in 1957 and consistently ranked as the top #1 in Canada for experiential learning, this public research university, located in Waterloo, Canada, offers over 200 undergraduate, postgraduate, co-op, and ESL programs, providing a wide range of opportunities to students from all around the world.
Why Study at the University of Waterloo?
- Experiential Learning: At the University of Waterloo, you’ll have the chance to gain valuable hands-on experience through various real-world projects and cooperative education (co-op) opportunities. This practical approach to learning allows you to apply your knowledge in a professional setting and build a strong foundation for your future career.
- Strong Employer-Student Connections: The university has established strong ties with employers, giving you access to a vast network of potential job opportunities. This connection between students and employers can significantly enhance your chances of securing internships and employment after graduation.
Lan Wong Chu Entrance Scholarship for Chinese and Hong Kong Students
If you are a student from China or Hong Kong, the University of Waterloo offers an exclusive scholarship opportunity called the Lan Wong Chu Entrance Scholarship. This prestigious scholarship, valued at up to $2,000, is awarded annually to one deserving international student from either China or Hong Kong who enrolls in any undergraduate program at the university.
- Applicants must be citizens of China or Hong Kong.
- The scholarship is open to students applying for any undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo.
The good news is that you don’t need to submit a separate application for this scholarship! To be considered for the Lan Wong Chu Entrance Scholarship, all you have to do is apply for admission to any undergraduate program at the University of Waterloo.
Along with your application, you will need to submit the following supporting documents:
- English Language Test Score: If your first language is not English, and your four most recent years of full-time education were not in an English-language school system, you’ll need to provide an English language test score.
- Admission Information Form (AIF): Complete and submit the AIF as part of the application process.
- Transcripts and Academic Documents: Ensure you provide all necessary transcripts and academic documents, which will be verified for authenticity.
Keep in mind that international transcripts may need verification by World Education Services Canada as part of the admission process.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
The Lan Wong Chu Entrance Scholarship is a prestigious award, and the selected student will receive financial support of up to $2,000 to assist with their educational expenses at the University of Waterloo.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2023
So, if you’re a student from China or Hong Kong dreaming of studying in Canada and wish to be considered for this scholarship opportunity, make sure to apply for admission to the University of Waterloo and submit all required documents by the application deadline. Good luck on your educational journey!