Are you passionate about advancing sustainable construction practices and contributing to a greener future? If you have a zeal for research and hold a degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related field, we have great news for you! Curtin University is offering the HDR Scholarship – PhD Scholarship on Concrete Research for the year 2023, providing an exciting opportunity to explore the realm of concrete innovation.
Description of the Scholarship:
This prestigious scholarship is aimed at encouraging talented individuals from around the world to pursue their PhD degree in Concrete Research. The chosen candidate will be engaged in a groundbreaking research project focused on the development of crushed hardened waste concrete as a recycled aggregate, effectively replacing conventional virgin aggregate.
Key Eligibility Criteria:
The HDR Scholarship is open to both domestic and international students who meet the following requirements:
- Full-time enrolment for the PhD program at Curtin University.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a closely related field with either first class honors or upper second class honors.
- Language proficiency is crucial, and applicants must meet the following English language requirements:
- IELTS: Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading, and Listening 6.0
- TOEFL, internet-based: Overall 79, Reading 13, Listening 13, Speaking 18, and Writing 21.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in research, along with technical publications and prior experience in concrete research, will be given preference during the selection process.
To seize this incredible opportunity, all interested candidates are required to apply by submitting the following documents to Associate Professor Prabir Sarker via email at [email protected]:
- Expression of interest, demonstrating your passion for concrete research and its environmental impact.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing your academic background and any relevant work experience.
- Proof of English language proficiency through valid IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- Academic transcripts and certifications showcasing your educational achievements.
- Previous research publications, if applicable.
The HDR Scholarship – PhD Scholarship on Concrete Research offers partial funding of $28,854 per year, providing valuable financial support to the successful candidate throughout their doctoral journey.
One of the most attractive aspects of this scholarship is its “Always Open” application deadline, offering potential applicants the flexibility to apply at any time during the year. So, if you’ve missed other scholarship deadlines, worry not; you still have a chance to apply for this prestigious opportunity!
Take the first step towards a rewarding career in concrete research and sustainable construction by applying for the HDR Scholarship at Curtin University. Unleash your potential and make a lasting impact on the future of the construction industry. Don’t let this opportunity slip away – apply now and turn your academic dreams into reality!