Are you passionate about animals and dream of becoming a skilled veterinarian?
Look no further than the University of Pretoria (UP), one of Africa’s top universities, renowned for its academic excellence. Established on 4th March 1908, UP offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs as a leading multi-campus public research institution. If you are a South African citizen from KwaZulu Natal and have a keen interest in Veterinary Science, you have an incredible opportunity to pursue your dreams with the EK Brown of Monaltrie Animal Sanctuary Trust Bursary.
Why Choose the University of Pretoria for Veterinary Science?
At the University of Pretoria, you can expect top-notch academic and social support throughout your journey. This prestigious university ensures that the quality of education is never compromised, offering you the best learning experience. Whether you’re pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, UP provides a nurturing environment that encourages growth and development.
Brief Description of the EK Brown Bursary:
- University: University of Pretoria
- Department: Science
- Course Level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
- Award: R30 000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Nationality: South African citizens from KwaZulu Natal
- Award Location: South Africa
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the EK Brown Bursary, you must meet the following requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Veterinary Science (BVSc) with a minimum of 2 years of study (2nd year or higher).
- Successfully completed the first year of study.
- South African citizen from KwaZulu Natal.
- Previous EK Brown bursary holders may apply again.
- Preference given to applicants interested in Equine Studies and planning to practice in KZN.
How to Apply: If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the EK Brown Bursary by following these simple steps:
- Submit relevant documents via email to: jeanne.goosen[at]up.ac.za.
- Required Documents:
- Application for UP financial aid (submitted & verified as complete).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Full academic record.
- Motivational letter, expressing why you should be considered for this award.
- Declaration of other funding received for the financial year and/or other funding applications.
Benefits of the Bursary: Successful candidates will be awarded a generous scholarship of R30,000 to support their studies in Veterinary Science. This financial aid will be granted for the year 2023.
If you aspire to make a difference in the lives of animals and communities, the University of Pretoria’s Veterinary Science program, coupled with the EK Brown Bursary, offers an excellent opportunity to turn your passion into a rewarding career. Don’t miss the chance to apply for this prestigious bursary and take a step closer to your dream of becoming a skilled veterinarian. Apply now and embark on an exciting academic journey at UP!