Are you a talented and ambitious Australian student about to complete your Year 12 studies? If so, the University of Western Australia (UWA) has a fantastic opportunity for you – the UWA Hackett Scholarship 2023. This prestigious scholarship aims to support outstanding school leavers with great potential in pursuing their dreams of higher education at UWA. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the details of this partial funding scholarship and how you can apply for it.
What is the UWA Hackett Scholarship?
The UWA Hackett Scholarship is offered by the University of Western Australia to encourage and assist exceptional Year 12 WACE school leavers who show great promise. This scholarship provides financial support for students commencing their bachelor’s degree at UWA.
The scholarship’s value is a partial funding amount of $4,500. This generous support can significantly ease the financial burden of pursuing higher education.
To be eligible for the UWA Hackett Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be Australian nationals (domestic students).
- Have accepted an Early Offer to UWA or applied through the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) for a place at UWA, nominating a course at the university as their first preference in the first round of offers.
- Be in the year of application for a place at UWA and be enrolled in Year 12 at a secondary school in Western Australia.
- Be enrolled in at least four Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) courses or equivalent, which should reasonably lead to the calculation of an ATAR to meet UWA’s entry requirements.
- Students must be in the top 10 percent of their school with an ATAR of at least 60 and have completed Year 12 in a targeted outer metropolitan area.
How to Apply:
The good news is that eligible candidates will be automatically considered for the UWA Hackett Scholarship. There’s no need to submit a separate application. If you meet the scholarship’s criteria, you’ll be in the running for this prestigious award.
Remember to mark your calendars! The deadline for sending your application is 31st October 2023. So, make sure to take necessary actions before this date to be considered for the scholarship.
The UWA Hackett Scholarship 2023 presents a golden opportunity for Australian students to pursue their dreams of higher education at the University of Western Australia. If you are a high-achieving Year 12 student from Western Australia, meeting the eligibility criteria, don’t miss the chance to be automatically considered for this partial funding scholarship worth $4,500. Take the first step towards a brighter future by applying for this prestigious scholarship before the deadline. Good luck with your application!