Are you an international student looking to pursue a PhD degree? Finding scholarships might seem challenging, but you’ll be delighted to know that there are numerous opportunities available for you. Many universities offer scholarships in the form of teaching assignments or research involvement, making it an exciting journey of academic and personal growth.
Here are some prestigious PhD scholarships specifically designed for international students:
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK): The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are renowned worldwide for their excellence. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree at the prestigious University of Cambridge. This scholarship covers the entire cost of studying at Cambridge and provides additional funding based on need.
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK): The Clarendon Fund offers around 140 new scholarships each year at the University of Oxford. Students from any country can apply for these scholarships based on academic excellence and potential in any degree-bearing subject at the graduate level. The scholarship includes full tuition and college fees, along with a generous living expenses grant.
- Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships (UK): Warwick Graduate School awards about 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships annually to outstanding international PhD applicants. These scholarships are open to students of any nationality and are applicable to any discipline offered at Warwick. They cover overseas tuition fees and a maintenance allowance.
- Nottingham Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for Research Excellence (UK): The University of Nottingham offers scholarships for international students pursuing a PhD or MPhil research program. The scholarship covers full tuition fees, making it an excellent opportunity for aspiring researchers.
- Sussex Chancellor’s International Research Scholarships (UK): The University of Sussex is actively seeking international research scholars for full-time doctoral studies in eligible fields. The scholarship covers international fees and stipends, providing financial support throughout the research journey.
- Adelaide Scholarships International (Australia): The University of Adelaide’s Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) program aims to attract high-quality international postgraduate students. These scholarships cover course tuition fees, an annual living allowance, and health insurance.
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarships (Australia): For students pursuing postgraduate research degrees, the University of Sydney offers the International Research Scholarship (USydIS). The scholarship covers tuition fees and living allowances for up to three years.
- Melbourne Research Scholarships (Australia): The University of Melbourne provides the Melbourne Research Scholarship (MRS) to high-achieving domestic and international research students. Depending on your circumstances, benefits may include a living allowance, relocation allowance, fee remission (for international students), and health cover.
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (Canada): Open to students of any nationality, the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) are merit-based awards for full-time PhD students. The fellowships are valued at $18,000 for a 12-month period.
- IRO Doctoral Scholarship Programme at K.U. Leuven (Belgium): K.U. Leuven offers IRO scholarships to deserving students from developing countries. The scholarship includes waived tuition fees, a monthly allowance, housing allowance, health and accident insurance, and return flight tickets.
These scholarships present exciting opportunities for international students to pursue their academic dreams and make a difference in their chosen fields of study. So, take a leap and explore these incredible scholarship options for a fulfilling academic journey.