Are you a third-year student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering at Swinburne University of Technology? Do you dream of a successful career in this field and wish to gain industry experience with SMEC? If you’re an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa, then the Len Bettess Memorial Scholarship might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Provided by Swinburne University of Technology, the Len Bettess Memorial Scholarship aims to support aspiring Civil Engineering students who have demonstrated exceptional potential and dedication to their chosen career path. The scholarship offers a partial funding of $5,000 for one year, which can significantly ease your financial burden during your studies.
To be eligible for this fantastic opportunity, here are the requirements you need to meet:
- Citizenship: You must be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or hold an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa.
- Enrollment: You should be a third-year student at Swinburne University in Semester 1, 2023, and enrolled full-time in an eligible Civil Engineering course.
- Academic Achievement: Candidates should have maintained a minimum Credit average in completed units, which showcases your commitment to academic excellence.
The application process for the Len Bettess Memorial Scholarship is straightforward, and you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- Personal Statement: Write a personal statement of no more than 500 words highlighting your passion for pursuing a career in Civil Engineering. Additionally, emphasize your excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which are vital qualities in any professional field. Showcase your leadership qualities, as they will make you stand out as a promising candidate.
- Academic Reference: Provide a written referee report from an individual qualified to comment on your academic studies. This could be a subject coordinator, school principal, or someone else who knows your academic capabilities well.
- CV Submission: Include a current version of your Curriculum Vitae (CV), which provides an overview of your educational background, work experience, extracurricular activities, and any other relevant achievements.
Don’t miss out on this remarkable opportunity to get closer to achieving your dreams in the field of Civil Engineering. The deadline for submitting your application is 31st July 2023, so be sure to complete the process on time.
The Len Bettess Memorial Scholarship is your chance to not only receive financial support but also gain recognition for your hard work and dedication. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are enthusiastic about a career in Civil Engineering, don’t hesitate to apply and take your first step towards a promising future. Best of luck with your application