The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship Program offers support to foreign students and doctoral candidates who have completed their studies in their home country and wish to pursue further education in Germany. The program provides scholarships for postgraduate programs (Masters), doctoral studies, or research stays at German universities.
The scholarship is offered in collaboration with various German universities and higher education institutions.
Fields of Study:
Students can pursue Masters or PhD degrees in any subject of their choice.
The scholarship provides financial assistance based on the level of study. Master’s and postgraduate students receive a monthly stipend of €861 for two years, while PhD students are granted €1,200 per month for a standard funding period of three years. The program also funds research stays in Germany for a minimum of three semesters, and PhD scholars can apply for financial support for research stays abroad. Additionally, selected expenses like health care insurance, family allowance, children’s allowance, and course-related fees up to €1,500 per semester can be subsidized upon request.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a university degree (bachelor studies are not eligible for support).
- Demonstrate above-average academic performance.
- Have a good command of the German language (B2-level).
- Engage actively in voluntary work.
- Plan to study at least four semesters at a German university.
- Possess a broad general education and keen interest in political issues.
- Uphold a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights.
- Be open to developing personal viewpoints and practicing tolerance.
- Demonstrate high motivation and the ability to articulate their life goals convincingly.
There are two ways to apply for the scholarship:
- Apply abroad: Applicants can apply for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung scholarship at the respective foreign office where selection conferences are planned. Deadlines are set independently by the KAS offices. Check the KAS office websites for specific application procedures and addresses.
- Apply online from Germany: For those already in Germany, applications can be submitted directly to the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Foundation online before 15th July (12:00) of the respective year.
For detailed information on the application process, visit the official scholarship website: https://www.kas.de/en/web/begabtenfoerderung-und-kultur/foreign-students.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship Program provides an excellent opportunity for foreign students and doctoral candidates to pursue their academic goals in Germany, fostering international collaboration and promoting a commitment to democracy and human rights.