If you’re a post-graduate or an academic with professional experience, and you dream of furthering your studies in Germany, the KAAD scholarships could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. These scholarships are designed for individuals from developing or emerging countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America. While there is no specific subject preference, the selection board often prioritizes courses deemed significant for the applicant’s home country.
Moreover, applicants with a Catholic background are given preference, though candidates from other religions with a commitment to interreligious dialogue may also apply.
Who Can Apply:
To be eligible for the KAAD scholarship program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Latin America.
- Possess a university degree and have relevant professional experience in your home country.
- Have an interest in pursuing a master’s degree, a Ph.D., or a post-doctoral research project at a German university.
- Be a Catholic Christian or belong to another Christian denomination (applicants from other religions can apply if proposed by Catholic partners and committed to interreligious dialogue).
- Possess German language skills before starting your studies, though KAAD can provide a language course of up to six months in Germany.
The specific value and inclusions of the scholarship are not specified, but it provides an excellent opportunity to study or conduct research in Germany, a country renowned for its academic excellence and research opportunities.
Applications for the KAAD scholarship are processed through Partner Committees in the applicant’s region. Interested candidates should visit the official scholarship website (https://www.kaad.de/en/stipendien/stipendienprogramm-1) to find region-specific eligibility requirements and application procedures.
For the September selection, applications must be completed by the 30th of June, while for the March selection, the deadline is the 15th of January.
The KAAD scholarships offer a unique chance for postgraduates and academics from selected developing or emerging countries to advance their studies or research in Germany. This prestigious scholarship program encourages individuals to contribute to their home countries’ development while fostering interreligious dialogue and academic excellence. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss this opportunity to pursue your dreams and make a positive impact on your community and beyond. Visit the official website for more information and start your journey towards a brighter future.