To attract students from outside Europe, some European governments and universities offer tuition fee waivers and scholarship programs for international students. These opportunities can be a great way for non-EU students to pursue their higher education in Europe. In this blog post, we will explore the top 10 scholarships available for non-EU students in various European countries.
- Holland Scholarship (Netherlands) The Holland Scholarship is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is designed for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It supports bachelor’s or master’s programs at Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. Successful applicants receive €5,000.
- Danish Government Scholarships (Denmark) The Danish Ministry of Education offers scholarships for highly qualified international students who wish to pursue full-degree higher education programs at participating Danish Universities. The scholarship can cover full or partial tuition fees and/or living expenses.
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (Netherlands) This scholarship program at Leiden University is open to outstanding non-EU/EEA students pursuing various MA, MSc, and LL.M programs. It provides different levels of support, ranging from €10,000 to a full tuition fee waiver.
- University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships (Netherlands) Maastricht University offers the UM High Potential Scholarships to talented students from outside the EEA for participating master’s or graduate programs (excluding the School of Business and Economics). The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, insurance, and visa costs.
- Radboud University Scholarship Programme (Netherlands) The Radboud Scholarship Programme offers talented prospective non-EEA students the opportunity to pursue an English-taught Master’s degree program at Radboud University Nijmegen. The scholarship includes a partial tuition waiver and additional costs like visa and health insurance.
- Lund University Global Scholarships (Sweden) Lund University offers this scholarship to top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) who are pursuing a Master’s Degree Program. The scholarship covers a percentage of the tuition fee.
- Chalmers IPOET Scholarships (Sweden) Chalmers University offers IPOET scholarships to prospective fee-paying students from outside the EU/EEA for any Master’s Degree Program. The scholarship provides a 75% reduction in tuition fees for four semesters.
- Uppsala University Global Scholarships (Sweden) Uppsala University offers scholarships to first-year applicants from outside the EU/EEA who wish to pursue a Master’s Degree Program. The scholarship covers the tuition fee.
- KTH Scholarships (Sweden) KTH Royal Institute of Technology offers tuition fee waivers for citizens from non-EU/EEA/EFTA countries who are required to pay tuition fees and have applied for a Master’s program at KTH. If granted, the scholarship covers the entire program’s tuition fee.
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships (France) Sciences Po offers the Emile Boutmy Scholarships to attract outstanding international students from outside the European Union. The scholarships are available for undergraduate and master’s programs and can cover various amounts based on the study duration.
- University of Oulu International Scholarships (Finland) The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides tuition fee waivers for academically talented international students pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. The scholarship can cover 50%, 75%, or 100% of the tuition fee.
These scholarships offer excellent opportunities for non-EU students to pursue higher education in Europe without the burden of high tuition fees. If you are an international student looking to study in Europe, be sure to explore these scholarship options and see if you qualify for any of them. Good luck with your academic journey!