Are you a graduating high school senior or a student on a gap year program, preparing to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the United States or Canada?
If you identify as Jewish and have a record of leadership and volunteer service in your local community, then the Handeli International First-Year Student Scholarship could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Hillel International, established in 1923, is the largest and most inclusive Jewish campus organization globally, providing support to around 140,000 college students every year. As part of their mission to assist Jewish students in their academic pursuits, they are offering two scholarships of $3,000 each to deserving candidates.
- All nationalities are welcome to apply, provided they self-identify as Jewish.
- Applicants must be high school seniors or students on a gap year program, aiming to pursue a four-year bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada.
- You must have at least one Jewish grandparent or have formally converted to Judaism to be considered.
- Demonstrating a strong record of leadership and/or volunteer service within your local community is essential.
- To be eligible, you need to be in good standing with your current academic institution and have a GPA of 2.5 or above (or 3.5 on a weighted scale out of 5.0) when applying.
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, simply submit an online application through the provided link: https://hillel.tfaforms.net/322?utm_source=Handeli+Description+Button&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=Hillel%2BInternational%2BScholarships. Along with your application, you need to provide the names and contact information of two references who can vouch for your leadership qualities and dedication. Please note that the references won’t need to submit recommendation letters unless you are selected as a finalist.
The Handeli First-Year Student Scholarship awards $3,000 annually and is renewable for up to three additional school years beyond the first year. This means that if you maintain your eligibility and academic performance, you could receive continued financial support throughout your undergraduate studies.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to receive financial assistance and support for your academic journey. Remember to apply before the deadline on 1st March 2023 at 11:59 pm EDT. Take the first step towards achieving your dreams with Hillel International’s scholarship program for Jewish students. Good luck!