The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a prestigious award offered annually to exceptional female students from developing countries. The scholarship covers full tuition fees for postgraduate taught Master’s programs within the Faculty of Medicine, Health, and Life Science at Swansea University, located in the United Kingdom.
Who Can Apply:
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a woman from a developing country, as listed by the World Bank.
- A minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification is required.
- The applicant must have received a formal acceptance to study a full-time postgraduate taught Master’s program within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University for the academic year starting in September 2023.
- Only new students starting their studies at Swansea University from September 2023 are eligible.
- Financial need, strong academic ability, and a genuine desire to study the chosen course at Swansea University should be demonstrated in the application.
- The applicant must be a national and permanent resident of one of the EFD Eligible Countries listed as “low income” or “lower-middle income” based on the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as of 1 July 2021.
- Applicants must not be receiving any other financial support from Swansea University and must not be progressing students from The College, Swansea University.
The scholarship supports full-time taught Master’s programs in various fields within the Faculty of Medicine, Health, and Life Science at Swansea University. Some of the eligible courses include:
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Medical Neuroscience, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
At present, applications for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship are closed. To be considered for the scholarship, interested candidates must have already accepted an offer to study one of the eligible programs for the academic year starting in September 2023. The application form should be completed and submitted online before the deadline of 28 May 2023, 11:59 pm (BST).
For detailed information on how to apply and access the application form, please visit the official scholarship website at: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/humanandhealthsciences/eira-francis-davies-scholarship/
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship presents a fantastic opportunity for outstanding women from developing countries to pursue postgraduate studies at Swansea University, UK. With full tuition fee coverage and a wide range of eligible Master’s programs in the field of Medicine, Health, and Life Science, this scholarship serves as a platform to empower and support talented female scholars in advancing their academic and professional pursuits.