Are you an Indian student dreaming of pursuing a Masters degree abroad? Here’s some great news for you! The University of Sussex is offering the Sussex India Scholarship for the year 2023. This scholarship provides partial funding of £3,000 to selected students and is open to Indian nationals.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the Sussex India Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You should be a citizen of India.
- You must be classified as an ‘overseas’ student for fee purposes.
- You should have received an acceptance to pursue a full-time Masters degree program at the University of Sussex, starting in September 2023.
Which programs are covered?
Most of the courses offered by the university are eligible for this scholarship. However, there are a few exceptions:
- Certificates and Diplomas (including PGCE)
- Courses at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years Education (with Early Years Teacher status)
- Globalization, Business, and Development MA
- Governance, Development, and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation, and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- Online courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. ESRC 1+3 funding)
Important notes about the application:
- If you have secured a spot in a full-time Masters program at Sussex, you can apply for the Sussex India Scholarship by registering your interest through PG Apply. If you applied through an overseas representative, they can do this on your behalf.
- Remember, you can only accept one scholarship from the University of Sussex, so choose wisely.
- Ensure that you declare your interest in the scholarship via PG Apply before enrolling in the Masters program.
- Once your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) is generated for your visa application, it will include scholarship details if you have been selected.
- If the scholarship information is missing from the CAS or if you wish to register for the scholarship after receiving the CAS, you can contact Admissions at [email protected].
Combine with other awards:
If you have received an offer to study at the University of Sussex Business School, you can combine the Sussex India Scholarship with the Business School International Masters Award (2023). Similarly, if you have an offer to study in the School of Engineering & Informatics, you can combine this scholarship with the Engineering & Informatics International Masters Award (2023).
- The Sussex India Scholarship does not cover candidates whose tuition fees are entirely sponsored.
- It cannot be combined with other Sussex scholarships, such as the Chancellor’s International Scholarship.
Make sure to send your scholarship application before 30th September 2023.
This is an excellent opportunity for Indian students to pursue their Masters degree at the prestigious University of Sussex with financial support. Don’t miss out on this chance to advance your education and career! Apply now and best of luck!