School Gists

Secrets of Permanent Residency in Canada after Graduation

Sponsored Links

Canada offers an incredible opportunity for international students to pursue their undergraduate or postgraduate studies while also providing a chance to obtain permanent residency after graduation.

This makes Canada an attractive study destination for many students worldwide.

Dual Intent:

As a student applying for a study visa in Canada, you have the option of pursuing dual intent. This means you can apply for both a student visa and permanent residency simultaneously. With dual intent, you express your desire to study in Canada and eventually reside there after completing your studies.

Applying after Graduation:

If you plan to apply for permanent residency after your studies, keep in mind that certain permanent residence categories require prior work experience in Canada. To begin the process, you’ll need to apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP).

ALSO READ:  How to Become a Physiotherapist without Going to University?

Post Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP):

This program offers open work permits to students who have obtained an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from a recognized Canadian university or institution. The work experience you gain must fall under the national occupation codes A, O, or B to be eligible for permanent residency through the Canadian Experience Class Programme.

Canadian Experience Class Programme:

International students who have studied full-time at an eligible Canadian institution for a minimum of two years can apply under this program. To qualify, you must also have at least twelve months of full-time work experience in a job that meets the requirements of the NOC A, B, or O category. Internships or course placements do not count towards this requirement.

ALSO READ:  What Are the Best Ways to Avoid Distractions at Work?

Provincial Nomination Programme:

This visa is popular among international graduates as it typically offers faster processing for permanent residency compared to other programs. Eligibility depends on the Canadian province you wish to reside in. Some provinces have specific visa programs for graduates from institutions within their region.

Federal Skilled Worker Programme:

For this program, you must have skilled work experience in NOC jobs group O, A, or B, with at least one year of continuous paid work in the same field as your primary occupation specified in the application. Strong language skills in English or French, as well as a degree from a Canadian institution or a job offer, will boost your application.

ALSO READ:  5 Ways to Become More Creative

Quebec Experience Class Programme:

If you completed your studies in Quebec and wish to settle there permanently, the Quebec Experience Class is the visa program for you. The requirements include studying in Quebec, obtaining a degree from a Quebec institute, and having intermediate proficiency in the French language.

Applying for permanent residency in Canada after graduation requires careful consideration of the various programs available. Each program has different eligibility criteria, so it’s essential to review them thoroughly and select the one best suited to your qualifications and goals. Canada’s welcoming environment and diverse opportunities make it an excellent choice for your academic and professional journey.

Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Back to top button