Are you passionate about analytics and data science? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to pursue a Ph.D. degree at a globally renowned university? If so, the Institute for Analytics and Data Science (IADS) at the University of Essex is offering a prestigious Ph.D. scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
What is the Scholarship About?
The University of Essex’s IADS is a leading institution known for its interdisciplinary expertise in analytics and data science. The scholarship aims to support outstanding students who wish to conduct research in fields related to analytics and data science, with a focus on creating lasting solutions that positively impact individuals and communities.
Who Can Apply?
This fully funded scholarship is open to applicants from all countries. To be eligible, you must:
- Have accepted an offer to study in one of the eligible departments at the University of Essex.
- Be enrolling as a postgraduate student for a Ph.D. program starting in October 2023 or shortly thereafter.
- Fulfill all the conditions of the offer from the university.
- Be studying for a Ph.D. in one of the following areas: School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Essex Business School, School of Law, Government, Life Sciences, Economics, Sociology, Language and Linguistics, Sport, Rehabilitation, and Exercise Sciences, and Health and Social Care.
What Are the Benefits?
The selected scholars will receive full funding, which includes:
- Tuition fee waiver for both home and overseas students.
- A living costs stipend at the UK Research and Innovation recommended level per year (amount to be confirmed for 2023-24, but the 2022-23 rate was £17,668).
- An additional £2,500 from the University of Essex Proficio funding. This amount can be utilized to acquire advanced skills training, attend conferences, and cover travel expenses.
How to Apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have accepted an offer of study at the University of Essex in one of the eligible departments.
- Submit your application for a Ph.D. program for the academic year 2022-2023.
- Meet all the necessary conditions of the offer from the university.
- Submit your scholarship application before the deadline: 17th February 2023.
If English is not your native language, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in English with an IELTS score of 7.0 overall (with a minimum component score of 6.5) or an equivalent qualification.