Are you a recent Ph.D. graduate or close to completing your doctoral degree in the fields of History, Anthropology, Law, Sociology, Political Science, Geography, Economics, or Area Studies? If so, the Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023, provided by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research in Germany, offers an excellent opportunity for you to further your research and academic pursuits!
- Degree: Post Doc
- Value: Partial Funding, €2,670
- Deadline: Deadline varies (please check the official website for specific dates)
- Open to: All nationals
To be eligible for this prestigious scholarship, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Doctorate or equivalent academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc., or similar) completed within the last four years before the application date. Applicants who are close to completing their doctoral degree may apply, but they should submit their dissertation manuscript or related publications at least six months before completing their degree.
- Have academic publications that meet international standards and are published in journals and/or reputable publishing houses.
- Obtain a confirmation of research facilities availability and a mentoring agreement from an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Present expert reviews from your doctoral supervisor and another qualified academic who can provide well-founded comments on your qualifications. Ideally, the reviewers should not be from your own institute.
- Possess the necessary language skills. For humanities or social sciences and medicine fields, good knowledge of German is required if it is necessary for successful research. Otherwise, a good knowledge of English is sufficient. For natural sciences and engineering, good knowledge of German or English is necessary.
To apply for the Humboldt Research Fellowship, you will need the following documents:
- A concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) not exceeding two pages.
- A well-structured Research Outline of a maximum of five pages.
- A comprehensive list of all your publications (see sample list on the official website).
- A list of selected key publications (see sample list on the official website).
- Doctoral certificate or proof of completion of your doctorate, or confirmation of expected completion within the next six months.
- German language certificate if it’s required for your research, or proficiency in English if applicable.
- If needed, provide publisher’s acceptance notifications and/or acknowledgment of receipt, along with summaries or translations of key publications not available in German or English.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to advance your research in Germany with the support of the Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023. The scholarship offers partial funding of €2,670 and is open to applicants from all nationalities. Apply before the deadline and take your academic journey to new heights! For more details and to submit your application, visit the official website of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research in Germany.