Are you an international student looking to pursue a research higher degree in Australia? If so, the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarships (International) at Flinders University might be the perfect opportunity for you! These scholarships are designed to support outstanding international students in their pursuit of a Research Doctorate degree or Research Masters degree at Flinders University.
Flinders University, located in Australia, is the esteemed host institution for these scholarships.
Fields of Study:
The AGRTP Scholarships are available for full-time research higher degree programs, such as Research Doctorate (PhD) or Research Masters, in various fields offered by the university.
Number of Awards:
Up to 5 scholarships will be awarded to eligible candidates.
To be eligible for the AGRTP Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country, excluding Australia and New Zealand.
- Have no Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship.
- Intend to commence full-time research higher degree studies in Australia for the first time during the year of the award.
- Enroll in an area of research concentration that aligns with the university’s strengths and research resources.
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including meeting the English language proficiency standards specified for HDR Candidature.
Scholarship Value and Duration:
Successful recipients of the AGRTP Scholarships will enjoy a range of benefits. The scholarship covers:
- International student tuition fees.
- A generous living allowance of $33,000 per annum (2023 rate, tax exempt).
- Overseas Health Care cover.
- An establishment allowance of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for Research Doctorate degrees and up to two years for Research Masters degrees.
To apply for the AGRTP Scholarships, candidates must follow these steps:
- Submit an application for admission to a Research higher degree program (PhD or Master of Arts by research) at Flinders University.
- After completing the admissions application, apply for the International HDR Scholarship group.
- Once the admissions process is complete, access will be granted to the student system, allowing applicants to lodge their scholarship application.
- The deadline for applications is 4 August 2023, 5 pm Adelaide, Australia time.
For more detailed information on the application process and to access the official scholarship website and application form, please visit: Official Scholarship Website.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a passion for research, seize this fantastic opportunity to further your academic journey at Flinders University with the support of the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (International). Good luck with your application!