Laval University (Universite Laval) in Canada is offering the Faculty of Philosophy Master’s Excellence Scholarship for the year 2023. This prestigious scholarship aims to encourage Canadian nationals pursuing or who have pursued their master’s studies at the Faculty of Philosophy. The scholarship provides partial funding of up to $7,500 to eligible candidates who meet the specified criteria. In this blog post, we will delve into the details of this scholarship, its eligibility requirements, selection criteria, and the documents needed for application.
The primary objective of the Faculty of Philosophy Master’s Excellence Scholarship is to recognize and support outstanding students undertaking or who have undertaken their master’s studies in the field of Philosophy at Université Laval. By offering this scholarship, the university aims to promote academic excellence and foster the growth of talented individuals in the realm of philosophical studies.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment: Candidates must have undertaken or be currently enrolled in a master’s program at the Faculty of Philosophy at Université Laval in the winter, summer, or fall of the current calendar year.
- Full-time Registration: Applicants must be registered as full-time students in the master’s program at the Faculty of Philosophy when the scholarship becomes effective. This includes those considered full-time according to the guidelines set by the MEES (Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Quebec).
- Academic Excellence: Students should possess an outstanding academic record with a program average of 3.67 or more out of 4.33. This criterion emphasizes the significance of academic achievements in the selection process.
- No Major Scholarships: Candidates should not hold any other major scholarships, such as CRSH (Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council) or FQRSC (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture), or any other scholarships that, combined with this one, would be equivalent to this level of funding.
The main criterion for selection is the excellence of the applicants’ academic records. The scholarship committee will thoroughly assess the applicants’ academic performance and achievements during their master’s studies at the Faculty of Philosophy. Those who have demonstrated exceptional intellectual abilities and dedication to their field of study will have a higher chance of receiving the scholarship.
To apply for the Faculty of Philosophy Master’s Excellence Scholarship, candidates must submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter: A brief cover letter introducing themselves and expressing their interest in the scholarship.
- Research Description: A concise description of the subject or area of research they plan to pursue during their master’s studies. The description should not exceed 20 lines and should be written in Times New Roman 12-point font or its equivalent. If known, candidates should also mention the name of their prospective or chosen research supervisor.
- Official Transcript: An official transcript displaying their undergraduate academic results. This transcript will serve as evidence of their academic performance during their previous studies.
- Updated Resume: An up-to-date resume highlighting their educational background, academic achievements, research experience, and any relevant extracurricular activities.
The Faculty of Philosophy Master’s Excellence Scholarship at Laval University presents a fantastic opportunity for Canadian students to advance their academic pursuits in the field of Philosophy. By rewarding academic excellence and providing financial support, the scholarship aims to inspire and empower students to excel in their philosophical studies. The deadline for application is 1st August 2023. Prospective candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply and embark on an enriching journey of intellectual exploration and scholarly growth at Laval University’s Faculty of Philosophy.