The Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s study in the UK are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and are offered to citizens of developing Commonwealth countries.
These scholarships aim to provide financial support for eligible students pursuing a Master’s Degree Programme at a UK University. If you meet the criteria, you may be eligible for benefits such as airfare, tuition and examination fees, stipend, thesis grant, and warm clothing allowance, among others.
Eligibility Criteria: To apply for these scholarships, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status in one.
- Be permanently residing in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to begin your academic studies in the UK by September 2023.
- Hold a first degree with at least an upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or possess a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Demonstrate the need for financial support to study in the UK.
Applications for these scholarships are currently closed. You cannot directly apply to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) for these awards. Instead, you must apply through one of the nominating bodies, such as national nominating agencies or selected non-governmental organizations and charitable bodies.
Each nominating body has its own selection process, eligibility criteria, and application deadline. It is crucial to contact your nominating body for specific advice and guidelines on applying for the scholarship.
To apply, you must use the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS) along with any other application forms required by your nominating body. The deadline for submitting all applications is typically 18th October 2022.
The Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s study in the UK offer a fantastic opportunity for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries to pursue higher education in the UK. The scholarship covers various expenses, including tuition fees, travel costs, and a stipend.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, make sure to explore the official website and contact the relevant nominating body to apply for this valuable scholarship. Don’t miss this chance to further your education and contribute to the development of your home country.