Are you a mathematician from a developing country with a passion for research and collaboration? If so, here’s a fantastic opportunity for you! The International Mathematical Union (IMU) is offering the Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2023, designed to support mathematicians who wish to visit an international research collaborator for one month.
The program provides partial funding of up to $4,400, covering travel and living allowances. This means you can focus on your research without worrying about financial constraints. The scholarship is open to citizens of developing countries, so if you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss this chance to take your Post Doc degree in Mathematics to the next level.
To apply for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Be from a developing country.
- Be in a particular position within a university or research institution.
- Have been working with a university or college on a contract basis, preferably in the early stages of your professional career and below 40 years of age on the application deadline day. If you have a broken career pattern, you can still apply by providing a reason for the gap in your application. Required Documents:
To complete your application, make sure you have the following documents ready:
- A detailed CV including a list of recent publications.
- A research plan for your visit.
- A copy of the official invitation from your international research partner.
- A letter of recommendation.
- Copies of your Ph.D. certificates.
- A budget estimation.
- Current employment status and position in your home institution, signed and stamped by your employer, including the duration of your employment.
The selection for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program is based on the quality of your research project and the potential benefits it can bring to your home institution and country. So, make sure your application showcases the significance of your research and how it can contribute to the field of Mathematics.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
If selected, you will receive scholarship grants of up to $4,400, which will cover the following expenses:
- Travel costs.
- Visa fees.
- Travel insurance charges.
- Basic living costs and accommodation during your one-month visit.
This is an incredible opportunity to collaborate with international researchers, enhance your academic profile, and contribute to the advancement of Mathematics in your home country.
Don’t miss the chance to apply! The deadline for sending your application is 31st August 2023. Take the first step towards an enriching research experience and propel your career in Mathematics. Apply for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program 2023 now!