Are you a new undergraduate student at the University of Bristol, looking for financial assistance to cover your accommodation expenses? If so, you’ll be delighted to know that the university offers an Accommodation Bursary for eligible students residing in university-allocated housing. This bursary aims to provide support to Home/UK applicants and ease their financial burden during their first year of studies.
To be eligible for the University of Bristol Accommodation Bursary, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Home/UK student funded through your Regional Funding Provider.
- You must be living in accommodation allocated by the University of Bristol.
- Your household income should not exceed £42,875 per annum.
- The address you provide in your UCAS form must belong to one of the designated areas of the University.
- The bursary is applicable only for the first year of an undergraduate degree offered by the University.
- Preference is given to applicants who were living in an area of low higher education participation at the time of their UCAS application.
Value of the Bursary:
The University of Bristol Accommodation Bursary offers a partial funding of £1,040, which is dedicated towards covering your accommodation expenses. This financial aid can be of significant help to reduce the financial strain of housing costs during your initial year of study.
Unlike other scholarships, there is no separate application process for the University of Bristol Accommodation Bursary. However, applicants should ensure they have taken the following steps:
- Apply for financial support from their regional funding provider.
- Provide consent to share their household income information to determine eligibility.
If you are a qualified candidate and meet the specified criteria, you automatically become eligible for consideration for the bursary. The university will identify eligible candidates based on the provided information and offer the bursary accordingly.
The University of Bristol Accommodation Bursary is a fantastic opportunity for Home/UK undergraduate students to receive financial assistance in their pursuit of higher education. By providing support for housing expenses, the university aims to make the transition to university life smoother and more affordable for deserving students. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria, seize this opportunity and make the most of the financial aid available to you. Remember, every step towards your education is a step towards a brighter future!