If you’re a student with a passion for writing and dreaming of earning a scholarship, worry no more! We’ve compiled a list of fantastic “Creative Writing Scholarships” tailor-made for you. Whether you’re a high school senior, a recent graduate, or a student pursuing a writing major, there are plenty of opportunities to explore.
These scholarships range from $1,000 to $10,000, providing financial support to nurture your creative talents.
- Poetry for Life Scholarship S. Poetry Press is delighted to offer the Poetry for Life Scholarship to U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents who are high school seniors, college freshmen, or sophomores. If you have an interest in writing poetry, this scholarship could be for you. The selected candidates will receive an annual award of $1,000. Deadline: November 30, 2017. Apply here:
- Poulin, Jr. Poetry Prize The BOA Editions, Ltd. presents the A. Poulin, Jr. Poetry Prize for aspiring poets who are 18 years of age or older, and U.S. citizens or legal residents. This undergraduate and graduate award offers a $1,000 scholarship to individuals who have not yet published a full-length poetry book. Deadline: November 30, 2017.
- Slipstream Poetry Contest The Slipstream Press invites both international and U.S. students with an interest in writing poetry to participate in their contest. If you’re a high school senior or older, submit up to 40 pages of poetry in any style for a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship. Deadline: December 1, 2017.
- Fleet Reserve Association Essay Contest For U.S. students in grades 7 through 12, the Fleet Reserve Association offers an exciting essay contest. The grand-prize winner will receive $5,000, and other awards in the form of U.S. Savings Bonds include $2,500, $1,500, and $1,000. Deadline: December 1, 2017.
- Scholastic Art & Writing Award The Alliance for Young Artists & Writers encourages international and U.S. students in grades seven through twelve to showcase their writing or artistic talents. Fifteen deserving graduate candidates will be selected to receive a generous $10,000 scholarship. Deadline: December 14, 2017.
- M.F.K. Fisher Scholarship The Culinary Institute of America is pleased to offer the M.F.K. Fisher Scholarship for students with a demonstrated interest in food writing. If you’re a graduating high school senior or older, you could receive an annual $2,000 scholarship during your freshman year. Deadline: December 15, 2017. Apply here:
- L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future Contest Calling all international and U.S. students with a passion for writing prose! The L. Ron Hubbard Library presents this contest with quarterly awards. The grand-prize winner will receive $5,000, and there are additional awards of $1,000, $750, and $500. Deadline: December 31, 2017.
- FIRE’s Freedom in Academia Essay Contest U.S. high school juniors or seniors can participate in the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) essay contest. This prestigious scholarship offers eight awards, including a $10,000 scholarship for the selected candidate. Deadline: December 31, 2017.
- Writer’s Digest Poetry Awards Program The Writer’s Digest Poetry Awards Program is a fantastic opportunity for poets, both international and in the United States, to showcase their work. With awards of $1,000 for first place, $250 for second place, and $100 for third place, this competition is exclusively for poets. Deadline: Varies.
- Power Poetry Scholarship Slam For U.S. citizens aged 25 or younger with a passion for poetry, the Power Poetry Scholarship Slam is the perfect platform to share your creative voice. Successful applicants will be awarded $1,000 to support their academic pursuits. Deadline: Varies.
Don’t miss out on these incredible opportunities to nurture your writing talent. Take a look at the eligibility criteria, deadlines, and application links provided, and start applying for creative writing scholarships today! Good luck on your writing journey!