To celebrate International Women’s Day, scholars4dev.com presents a list of the top 10 international scholarships exclusively designed to empower women pursuing higher education and research in various fields. These scholarships encourage women to excel in Science, Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Peace, and International Development. By supporting women from diverse backgrounds, these scholarships aim to foster gender equality and women’s empowerment worldwide.
- AAUW International Fellowships for Women: The AAUW, previously known as the American Association of University Women, offers International Fellowships to non-US citizens or permanent residents. These fellowships support graduate and postgraduate study or research at accredited institutions in the United States. The scholarship values range from $18,000 (Master’s/Professional Fellowship) to $30,000 (Postdoctoral Fellowship).
- Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships for Women: The Faculty for the Future program, established in 2004, provides fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies. These fellowships enable women to pursue PhD or Post-doctorate studies in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) at leading universities worldwide. The grants cover actual costs, up to a maximum of $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
- Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund for Women: The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) offers grants to women from developing and middle-income countries. These grants help women further their education and develop professional and leadership skills to improve the lives of women and children. The MMMF currently manages education grant programs in three regions: US/Canada, South Africa, and Latin America.
- PEO International Peace Scholarship for Women: The International Peace Scholarship Fund supports selected women from other countries pursuing graduate study in the United States and Canada. The scholarship amount, based on individual need, can go up to $12,500 for one (1) year of study.
- UNESCO-L’Oreal Fellowships For Women in Science: L’Oreal, in partnership with UNESCO, awards fellowships to women researchers pursuing doctoral or post-doctoral research programs in life sciences. The fields covered include neurobiology, genetics, ecology, and biotechnology at recognized research institutions worldwide. Fellowship values range from $15,000 to $60,000, depending on the country.
- Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Aerospace-related Sciences and Engineering: The Amelia Earhart Fellowship, established in honor of pioneering pilot Amelia Earhart, supports 35 women annually pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences. This fellowship awards $10,000 to recipients studying at accredited universities or colleges offering post-graduate courses in these fields.
- Forte MBA Fellows Program for Women: The Forté Fellows Program aims to increase the number of women enrolling in MBA programs by offering fellowships to those pursuing full-time, part-time, or executive MBA education at sponsor business schools. Fellows not only receive financial support but also gain exposure to leading companies in the Forté network.
- FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Program: The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship Program is open to women studying Finance in a graduate-level program. Women of any age and citizenship can apply for this scholarship, which offers an award of US$10,000.
- Eira Francis Davies Scholarships in Human and Health Sciences: The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is available to female students residing in eligible developing countries. It supports undergraduate or Taught Master’s postgraduate courses within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University, covering full tuition fees.
- The Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship for Women: The Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship offers two biennial fellowships to women from the developing world pursuing studies in peace and development studies at accredited institutions worldwide. Each Fellowship provides $5,000 per year for two years, totaling $10,000.
These top 10 international scholarships for women on International Women’s Day play a crucial role in promoting gender equality and empowering women to achieve their academic and professional goals. By investing in women’s education and research, these scholarships pave the way for a more inclusive and diverse world. As we celebrate women’s achievements, let us continue to support and uplift women in pursuing their dreams and making a positive impact on society.