If you’re an adventurous spirit with a passion for academics, sports, or the arts, the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship for 2023 might be the perfect chance for you to pursue your dreams! Named in honor of New Zealand’s legendary explorer, this scholarship is offered by the prestigious University of Waikato.
The Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship is designed for students who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in any field offered by the University of Waikato. It provides partial funding of up to $10,000 per annum, giving you the financial support you need to focus on your studies and passions.
To be eligible for this incredible opportunity, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Academic Excellence: You must have achieved a minimum of NCEA Level 2 with Merit or equivalent grades in examinations like Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), International Baccalaureate (IB), or Australian Secondary School examinations.
- Pursuit of Excellence: Show strong achievements in either a sporting code (with at least regional representation) or a creative/performing art.
- Enroll for the First Time: You should be planning to enroll in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Waikato for the first time in the year following your application.
- Nationality: The scholarship is open only to Australia and New Zealand nationals.
- Fee Status: You must be eligible for domestic fee status, meaning you should be a New Zealand Citizen, New Zealand Permanent Resident, New Zealand Resident Class Visa holder, or an Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident domiciled in NZ.
To apply for this scholarship, you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Highlight your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and any other relevant experiences.
- Personal Statement: Write a compelling statement in a maximum of two A4 pages, explaining how your achievements align with the values of Sir Edmund Hillary.
- Reference: Provide a reference from an agency or person who can vouch for your accomplishments and character.
- Principal’s Assessment Form: Obtain an assessment from your school principal to showcase your suitability for this scholarship.
If you’re selected as a successful applicant, you’ll receive a generous sum of up to $28,000 over three years. This financial support will undoubtedly ease your academic journey and enable you to focus on achieving your goals.
Make sure to send in your application by 31st August 2023 to be considered for the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship.
Seize this incredible opportunity to make your mark at the University of Waikato and follow in the footsteps of New Zealand’s greatest adventurer. Apply for the Sir Edmund Hillary Scholarship 2023 today and let your dreams take flight!