Are you an Australian national looking to pursue a Masters’s degree in Engineering? If so, we have fantastic news for you! The prestigious Lochrie Engineering Scholarship for the year 2023 is now open for applications, courtesy of the University of Melbourne. This scholarship aims to support talented graduate research students in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, providing partial funding of $10,000 per year for up to three years.
To be eligible for the Lochrie Engineering Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Applicants must be Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Field of Study: The scholarship is open to students pursuing research in civil engineering, infrastructure engineering, or related fields within the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology.
- Academic Excellence: Preference will be given to candidates with outstanding academic records, as assessed through a personal statement and supporting documents, including a CV, progress report, peer-reviewed publications, and a statement from the supervisor.
- Financial Need: Candidates must demonstrate their financial situation and explain how the scholarship funds would benefit their research. This information will be evaluated through a personal statement and the FEIT Student Financial Assessment form.
The deadline for submitting your application is 31st July 2023. Don’t miss this opportunity to secure financial support for your higher degree by research.
The Lochrie Engineering Scholarship provides partial funding of approximately $10,000 per year for the duration of your Masters’s degree, covering up to three years. This financial assistance can make a significant difference in your academic journey and help you focus on your research without worrying about the financial burden.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Lochrie Engineering Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Prepare a personal statement describing your research topic, financial situation, and how the scholarship funds would contribute to your research.
- Gather the necessary supporting documents, including your CV, the most recent progress report, peer-reviewed publications, and a statement from your supervisor.
- Submit the completed online application before the deadline to be considered for this prestigious award.
Embark on Your Engineering Journey:
If you are passionate about Engineering and eager to pursue research in civil engineering, infrastructure engineering, or related areas, the Lochrie Engineering Scholarship could be the stepping stone to achieving your dreams. The University of Melbourne is renowned for its academic excellence, and this scholarship provides a unique opportunity to be part of its vibrant research community.