The Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships, funded by the generous donations from the Lee Foundation, are esteemed awards for graduate students at the National University of Singapore (NUS). These prestigious scholarships are designed to support students pursuing a Doctoral (PhD) programme at the university.
The scholarships are offered at the National University of Singapore, which is located in Singapore.
Field of Study:
The scholarships cover any Doctoral (PhD) programme available at NUS, providing flexibility for students to pursue their desired fields of study.
To be eligible for the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a first class or second-upper undergraduate degree (or its equivalent).
- Be a new incoming PhD student who has not yet matriculated.
- Have received an offer of admission as a full-time research candidate at NUS.
- Must be eligible for the Ministry of Education (MOE) Subsidy.
Candidates interested in these scholarships should indicate their interest during the application for PhD admission. Along with the standard supporting documents for PhD admission, applicants should also submit a personal essay and information about their co-curricular activities or community service.
Twice a year, during August and January, the selection of candidates will take place, and short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews, either in Singapore or their home country.
The Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships provide comprehensive support to the awardees, including:
- A monthly stipend of S$3,300.
- Coverage of tuition fees, examination fees, and other approved fees at NUS.
- An annual book allowance of S$500.
- A one-time air travel allowance of up to S$4,000 (limited to S$2,000 per ticket) for overseas students.
- A one-time laptop allowance of S$1,500.
Duration of the Scholarship:
The scholarship is initially awarded for one year, with the possibility of renewal annually based on the scholar’s satisfactory progress. The maximum duration of the award is four years.
The Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships offer outstanding opportunities for talented individuals from all nationalities to pursue their doctoral studies at the National University of Singapore.
The generous financial support, coupled with the academic excellence of NUS, provides an ideal environment for aspiring scholars to excel in their research and contribute to the global academic community. For the most up-to-date information about these scholarships, interested candidates can contact the graduate division of their relevant Faculty or School or visit the official scholarship website at http://www.nus.edu.sg/admissions/graduate-studies/scholarships-lkc.php.