La Trobe University in Australia is offering the prestigious La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS) to exceptional students, including those from around the world, who wish to pursue a research masters or doctoral degree.
This scholarship provides an incredible opportunity to collaborate with La Trobe’s distinguished researchers and access the University’s range of professional development programs.
Level and Field of Study: The scholarship is available for students pursuing Masters and PhD degrees by Research in relevant subjects.
Scholarship Benefits: Successful recipients of the LTGRS will receive a stipend of $28,092 per annum (2020 rate) for the duration of up to three and a half (3.5) years for a doctoral degree or 22 months for a Masters by research. Additionally, it covers the tuition fees, making it a fee-relief scholarship that spans up to four years for a doctoral degree or two years for a Masters by research.
The scholarship is open to international students who meet specific academic requirements:
For the PhD by Research scholarship:
- Applicants must have completed a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline within the last 10 years, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 70 or above.
- Alternatively, candidates can possess a Bachelors (Honours) degree, Masters by coursework, or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last 10 years, with a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects.
- The degrees mentioned above should include a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words, a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of 1 year, or the applicant must be the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last 10 years.
For the Masters by Research scholarship:
- Applicants must hold a 3-year Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last 10 years, with a weighted average mark in the final year of 65 or above.
- They should also have completed a thesis or comparable research work that the University can assess for honours equivalence.
Application Process: At the moment, applications for the scholarship are closed. Interested students can find a complete list of available projects and detailed application instructions on the official website (link provided below) during the application period. The deadline for international applicants is 30 September, while Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian Permanent Residents have until 31 October to apply.
For further information and to stay updated on application dates and requirements, please visit the official scholarship website: https://www.latrobe.edu.au/scholarships/la-trobe-university-graduate-research-scholarship-ltgrs
The LTGRS is a fantastic opportunity for outstanding students worldwide to pursue their research aspirations at La Trobe University and contribute to groundbreaking advancements in their respective fields.