Are you an aspiring change-maker from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, or Burundi? Do you dream of contributing positively to your home country’s development but lack the financial means to pursue higher education?
The International Development Scholarship, in association with International Students House (ISH), offers a remarkable opportunity for one talented international student to study the MSc NGO and Development Management Programme at the University of East London, UK.
What’s included in the scholarship?
This scholarship is a comprehensive package that covers various aspects to support your academic journey and living expenses in the UK. The following benefits are included:
- Return Flights: Your travel expenses to the UK will be taken care of by the University of East London.
- Tuition Fees: The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for the MSc NGO and Development Management Programme.
- Accommodation: You’ll have a comfortable single room at International Students House (ISH) during your study period.
- Subsistence Allowance: To help with your living expenses, you’ll receive £550 per month, which includes food and travel costs.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for this prestigious scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Academic Qualifications: You should have a high 2.1 (Second Class Upper) qualification with an overall percentage of 67% or higher, or its equivalent.
- Work Experience: You must possess a minimum of two years’ work experience with an NGO.
- Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, or Burundi.
- Future Intentions: You should have a genuine intention to return to your home country after completing the MSc NGO and Development Management Programme to apply your newfound knowledge and skills for the betterment of your community.
- Financial Need: The scholarship is designed for students who would otherwise be unable to pursue the course due to financial constraints.
How to apply:
The application process for the International Development Scholarship is as follows:
- First, apply online for the MSc NGO and Development Management Programme. If successful, you will receive an International offer letter from the University of East London.
- Only applicants who hold an admission offer for the MSc NGO and Development Management Programme by 7 June 2013 can apply for the scholarship.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 1 July 2013.
For detailed information on how to apply, visit the official scholarship website: http://www.uel.ac.uk/international/fees/internationaldevelopmentscholarship.htm
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to pursue your dreams of making a positive impact on your home country’s development. Take the first step towards an enriching academic journey with the International Development Scholarship! Apply before the deadline to kickstart your future as a change-maker.