Are you an aspiring student looking to study in Australia? Edith Cowan University (ECU) might be the perfect destination for you! ECU is a prestigious public university situated in Australia and has earned a spot among the top 175 universities worldwide for Engineering and Technology. Its primary mission revolves around enhancing lives and contributing to society’s betterment through quality education and groundbreaking research.
Why Choose Edith Cowan University?
ECU stands out for its focus on teaching and research that is driven by active engagement and strong partnerships with communities it serves. The university is built on the principles of honesty, respect, rational inquiry, and striving for excellence. Over the years, ECU has evolved into a vibrant, modern institution that has achieved remarkable milestones.
For international students aiming to pursue undergraduate or master’s degree programs, ECU offers an exciting scholarship opportunity. The scholarship covers the cost of five weeks of English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for students who have bundled their ELICOS program with an ECU bachelor’s or master’s degree.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of one of the specified countries in Latin America, Europe, China, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, or Thailand.
- Be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen).
- Study onshore at ECU’s Joondalup, Mount Lawley, or South West (Bunbury) Campus.
- Receive an offer to study an undergraduate or master’s degree between 2023 and 2024.
- Have not been issued a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for any ECU course before January 1, 2023.
- Meet ECU’s academic entry requirements and commence study onshore at ECU, Western Australia, in Semester Two 2023, November 2023, 2024 (Summer School), or Semester One or Two in 2024.
To apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- First, apply for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at ECU through their Online Application Portal.
- Once you receive an offer of admission, you can apply through a participating ELICOS college.
- Submit required documents, including a 300-word research abstract, a 2-page research proposal, academic history, work information, qualifications, and references from any publications or conference papers.
If English is not your first language, you’ll typically need to demonstrate proficiency through the following minimum scores: IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5, TOEFL (iBT) 70 with no score less than 17, PTE-A 57 with no communicative skill less than 50, or OET with a minimum C in all components.
Take the Next Step Toward Your Dream Education!
Studying at Edith Cowan University can open up a world of opportunities for you. With its commitment to making a positive impact on society and offering a scholarship to support your ELICOS program, ECU is an excellent choice for international students seeking quality education in Australia. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this dynamic academic community!
Application Deadline: January 10, 2024
For more information about admission requirements and application procedures, visit the ECU Admission page: https://www.edithcowancollege.edu.au/admissions-requirements.