If you’re a graduate from a development or newly industrialized country, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers an exciting opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state-recognized German university.
In exceptional cases, you can even pursue a doctoral degree, opening doors to a world-class education and valuable university qualifications. In this blog post, we will explore the details of the DAAD scholarships, including eligibility criteria, covered expenses, and application process.
What are the DAAD Scholarships?
The DAAD scholarships are designed for students from eligible countries who wish to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in various fields such as Economic Sciences, Engineering, Social Sciences, and more. These scholarships provide financial support and enable recipients to study at German universities offering development-related postgraduate courses.
To be eligible for the DAAD scholarships, you must meet certain criteria, including:
- Being a graduate currently working in a public authority, state, or private company in a developing country involved in projects related to development policies.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject with exceptional academic performance (upper third) and at least two years of relevant professional experience after completing the Bachelor’s degree.
- Academic degrees should not be more than six years old.
- Meeting language requirements, which include proving proficiency in German or English, depending on the language of instruction in the chosen course.
Scholarship Value and Duration:
The DAAD scholarships cover various expenses, including:
- Monthly payments of 861 euros for Master’s students or 1,200 euros for PhD candidates.
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- Travel allowance (if not covered by other sources).
The duration of the scholarship is 12 to 24 months for Master’s courses, depending on the institution, and 42 months for PhD courses.
To apply for the DAAD scholarships, you must directly submit your application to the respective course. Visit the official website to access the application form and find detailed information about the application procedure, deadlines, and required documents. Deadlines usually fall between August and October 2023, so make sure to check the specific deadlines for your chosen course.
The DAAD scholarships provide a fantastic opportunity for students from developing countries to pursue higher education in Germany. With financial support, access to top-notch education, and exposure to a diverse culture, recipients can enhance their skills and contribute significantly to their home countries’ development. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss the chance to apply and take the first step towards an enriching academic journey in Germany.