In this blog post, we will explore some of the most prestigious universities and law schools from around the world. These institutions have a rich history, diverse programs, and attract students from different corners of the globe.
Join us as we delve into their founding, locations, rankings, and tuition fees.
- University of Cambridge Founded in 1209, the University of Cambridge is a renowned collegiate public research university located in the UK. With over 150 departments, faculties, and schools, it offers a wide array of courses to students from more than 50 countries through its International Summer Schools. The tuition fees for domestic students in 2017 were 9,250 GBP, while international students paid 21,732 GBP.
- University of Oxford Established in 1096, the University of Oxford is another prestigious collegiate research university in the UK. It caters to around 22,000 students, with over 40 percent of them being international students from 140 countries. In 2017, both domestic and international students paid 9,250 GBP in tuition fees.
- Harvard Law School Harvard Law School, founded in 1817, is a prominent graduate school of Harvard University in the USA. Known for its rigorous and collaborative environment, it provides various research programs and resources for students pursuing public and private careers. The comprehensive tuition fees for a single student, including various expenses, amounted to at least $92,450.
- Schulich School of Law As Canada’s oldest university-based common law school, the Schulich School of Law was founded in 1883. It offers flexible program combinations, hands-on clinical experience, and a research-driven learning environment. In 2016, tuition and fees for students were 14,620 CAD.
- Osgoode Hall Law School Located in Toronto, Osgoode Hall Law School has been delivering top-notch legal education since 1889. It consistently ranks among Canada’s best law schools and offers various LL.M. and Ph.D. degrees in law. In 2017, the tuition and fees for students were 25,973.4 CAD.
- University College London (UCL) Established in 1826, University College London is a prestigious public research university in the UK. With 11 faculties offering a diverse range of subjects, UCL attracts students from across the world. In 2017, tuition fees for domestic and international students were 9,250 GBP and 17,710 GBP, respectively.
- University of Georgia School of Law Founded in 1859, the University of Georgia School of Law is a respected professional graduate school in the USA. It offers degrees such as Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Master of Laws (LL.M.) in a welcoming community environment. In-state students paid $19,488, while out-of-state students paid $37,536 in full-time tuition fees.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School Founded in 1850, the University of Pennsylvania Law School is a notable institution within the University of Pennsylvania. It offers an interdisciplinary approach to legal education and is well-known for its contribution to the legal profession. In 2017-18, tuition and fees for students were $60,988.
These are just a few of the exceptional universities and law schools that cater to students worldwide. Each institution brings its unique approach to education, offering diverse programs and fostering academic excellence.
Whether you dream of studying law, pursuing research, or exploring other fields of study, these institutions provide a world-class learning experience. Remember to check their official websites for the most up-to-date information regarding programs and tuition fees.