The Taiwan Scholarship Program, offered by the Ministry of Education (MOE), presents an excellent opportunity for outstanding international students to pursue Bachelors, Masters, and PhD degrees in various disciplines at Taiwan’s esteemed Colleges and Universities.
With the aim of fostering academic exchange, understanding, and friendship between Taiwan and countries worldwide, this scholarship opens doors to the diverse and vibrant academic environment in Taiwan.
Scholarship Details: The Taiwan Scholarship covers tuition and academic fees, including credit fees, up to NTD40,000 per semester. Any costs exceeding this amount are the responsibility of the recipient or their chosen university/college. It also provides a monthly stipend of NTD15,000 for undergraduate students and NTD20,000 for postgraduate students to support their living expenses.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the Taiwan Scholarship, applicants must be foreign nationals with a strong academic background and good moral character. Additionally, applicants should not be citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau. However, students from Africa, Asia, South America, Europe, the USA, and other regions are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are ineligible if they fall under the following categories:
- Taiwanese nationals or overseas Chinese students
- Already enrolled or registered at any university/college in Taiwan, except for graduating students seeking further studies
- Previously studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree they intend to pursue
- Participating in exchange or dual/joint degree programs under academic cooperation agreements
- Previous recipients of the Taiwan Scholarship for a total of five years or more
- Had their Taiwan Scholarship or Huayu Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked in the past
- Current recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or educational institutions in Taiwan, excluding subsidies for tuition and fees exceeding the scholarship limit
Application Process: To apply for the scholarship, candidates must first apply directly for admission to their chosen Taiwan universities or colleges within the specified application deadlines. For detailed application guidelines, forms, scholarship types, quotas, selection criteria, and deadlines, applicants should contact their nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office. The application period generally runs from 1 February to 31 March, but specific dates may vary depending on local Taiwan Representative Offices.
The Taiwan Scholarship Program offers an exciting opportunity for international students to experience world-class education and immerse themselves in Taiwan’s rich cultural heritage. With its comprehensive coverage and generous stipends, this scholarship program paves the way for academic excellence and cross-cultural exchange. Interested students should visit the official scholarship website (link provided above) or their country’s official website for more information and start preparing their applications early to seize this remarkable opportunity.