If you dream of pursuing higher education in Japan, the Japanese Government Scholarship Program for 2015 offers an excellent opportunity for international students to study at Japanese universities. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship to nationals of countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan.
In this blog post, we will provide an overview of the scholarship program, including eligibility criteria, benefits, and application instructions.
Who Can Apply? To be eligible for the Japanese Government Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Applicants should be citizens of a country with diplomatic relations with Japan. Stateless individuals can also apply. However, Japanese nationals or dual citizens residing in Japan are not eligible.
- Age: Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1980.
- Academic Background: You should be a graduate from a Japanese university or demonstrate academic ability equivalent to a Japanese university graduate.
- Japanese Language: Applicants must be willing to learn the Japanese language and have a genuine interest in studying and understanding Japan.
- Health: Applicants should be physically and mentally fit to undertake graduate studies in Japan.
- Arrival in Japan: Applicants should be able to arrive in Japan between April 1st and 7th, 2015, or within two weeks of the semester’s start (usually in September or October).
Fields of Study: You can apply for the scholarship in the field of study that you majored in at your university or a related field. The specific fields of study may be restricted by the Japanese diplomatic mission in your country. For more information, please check the official website.
Scholarship Benefits: The Japanese Government Scholarship Program offers several benefits, including:
- A monthly allowance of 143,000-145,000 yen.
- An additional stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 yen for those studying in specially designated regions.
- Travel costs to and from Japan.
- Coverage of school fees.
Application Instructions: As of now, the application process is closed. However, if you are interested in applying for the scholarship, you should inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country for detailed information. The application deadlines may vary depending on the country.
Please note that the application process may differ from country to country. The selection and initial screening of scholarship recipients are carried out by the Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
The Japanese Government Scholarship Program provides an incredible opportunity for international students to pursue graduate studies at Japanese universities. If you are considering studying in Japan and meet the eligibility criteria, keep an eye out for future application openings. For more comprehensive details and the latest updates, visit the official scholarship website provided above. Good luck with your academic journey!