Are you an aspiring young researcher in the field of Biological Sciences, Psychology, Medical, or Dental Sciences? Here’s an exciting opportunity for you! The University of Birmingham is offering the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds PhD Fellowships for outstanding individuals pursuing a challenging and ambitious Ph.D. project in fundamental biomedical research.
- Degree: PhD
- Provider: University of Birmingham
- Application Deadline: Always Open
- Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, A competitive monthly stipend for 2 years
About the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds PhD Fellowships:
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds grants Ph.D. fellowships to exceptional young researchers who aspire to undertake a stimulating Ph.D. project that lasts approximately three years. The research projects take place in prestigious laboratories with a strong international reputation in the field of fundamental biomedical research.
To be eligible for the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds Ph.D. Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- European citizens conducting their research within Europe or overseas, or non-European citizens pursuing their Ph.D. projects within Europe are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have obtained their first university degree (e.g., BSc, Diploma, Final State Examination) no more than 8 years before the respective application deadline (1 February, 1 June, 1 October).
- The Ph.D. project should be experimental and related to basic biomedical research, focusing on fundamental biological phenomena of human life and acquiring new scientific knowledge.
- Candidates should have completed their last university degree (BSc, Diploma, MSc, or equivalent) before commencing their Ph.D. studies. For those who have not finished their MSc studies or received their MSc degree certificate by the deadline, they can submit it up to four months after the deadline. Physicians, veterinary surgeons, and pharmacists must have passed their state examinations.
- Preference is given to applicants who are about to start their Ph.D. work at the time of applying for the fellowship, and preliminary results are not expected during the application process. The fellowship cannot be used to supplement insufficient funding from other sources or earned income, cover temporary financial difficulties, or support investigations already sponsored by other institutions.
- In cases where two candidates from the same laboratory apply for a Ph.D. fellowship simultaneously, only one of them may receive the fellowship. To avoid conflicts, it is recommended that they apply at different deadlines.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds Ph.D. Fellowship, candidates need to follow these steps:
- Complete the application form on the BIF online portal.
- Submit a PDF containing documents 1–7, as specified in the application guidelines.
- Provide letter(s) of recommendation to support the application.
This is an incredible opportunity for aspiring researchers to undertake cutting-edge biomedical research in world-renowned laboratories. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss the chance to apply for this prestigious scholarship. Remember, the deadline is always open, so you can apply anytime. Good luck with your application!