Are you a UK national looking to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in any field offered by the University of Lincoln? If so, we have great news for you! The University of Lincoln is offering the Blackburn Bursary for the year 2023, providing partial funding of £1,500 to eligible students. This scholarship aims to support talented individuals who have been in Local Authority care and are considered Care Leavers under the Children Leaving Care Act 2000.
To be eligible for the Blackburn Bursary, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the Student Information System on a full-time or part-time undergraduate program at the University of Lincoln for the current academic year.
- Have a student status of Home in the Student Information System.
- Have received Local Authority care and must be a Care Leaver as defined by the Children Leaving Care Act 2000 within the five years before starting the course.
- Not have previously received the Blackburn Bursary for the same level of study.
Scholarship Value and Distribution:
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you stand a chance to receive £1,500 through the Blackburn Bursary. The amount is paid in two installments for each completed level of study:
- The first installment of £500 is awarded upon approval of your application following enrolment at the university.
- The second installment of £1000 will be paid to you upon successful completion of the level of the program you have enrolled in.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity, be sure to submit your application before the deadline. The exact deadline for the application varies, so make sure to check the University of Lincoln’s official website for the most up-to-date information.
This is an excellent chance for UK nationals who have been in Local Authority care and meet the specified criteria to get financial support for their higher education. The Blackburn Bursary not only provides financial assistance but also encourages and supports students to pursue their academic dreams at the University of Lincoln.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity! Apply for the Blackburn Bursary today and take a step closer to achieving your educational goals. Good luck!