Are you an international student aspiring to study in Australia? Edith Cowan University (ECU) is offering the 2023 International Accommodation Bursary to support new and continuing international students who will be studying on-campus at ECU in 2023. This bursary aims to provide financial assistance by offering a 50% reduction in accommodation fees for eligible students. Let’s explore the details of this opportunity!
To be eligible for the 2023 International Accommodation Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: The student must be an international student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen.
- Course Enrollment: Candidates should enroll in an undergraduate or master’s by coursework program on-campus for the first time at either ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley in 2023.
- Vaccination and Travel Requirements: Applicants must comply with the mandatory vaccination and travel requirements set by the Australian and Western Australian Governments.
- Acceptance of Offer: For new future students, acceptance of the course offer should be made between 2nd September 2022 and 6th August 2023, for studying at ECU Joondalup or ECU Mount Lawley.
- Continuing Students: Continuing international students are eligible if they commenced their studies online between the academic teaching periods of 20th July 2020 and 25th July 2022 due to COVID-19 and will be transitioning to on-campus studies for the first time in 2023. Proof of valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or offshore status may be required during the application.
- Accommodation Requirements: At all relevant times, the candidate must also fulfill the entry and ongoing accommodation requirements of the ECU Student Village Mount Lawley and should not be receiving any government scholarship or industry sponsorship for their studies.
Terms and Conditions:
The recipients of the International Accommodation Bursary must adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Academic Enrollment: The student must enroll in 60 credit points each semester or study period in 2023.
- Good Standing: Continuous good standing academically and financially is required throughout 2023.
- Travel Requirements: Compliance with the Australian and Western Australian Governments’ travel and safe transition plan is essential.
- Accommodation Obligations: The recipient must reside continuously at ECU Student Village Mount Lawley; otherwise, they become ineligible.
- Other Scholarships: Receiving another government scholarship, industry sponsorship, or grant may render the recipient ineligible at ECU’s discretion.
- Reporting Changes: Any change in circumstances that may affect ongoing eligibility must be promptly notified to ECU.
The International Accommodation Bursary will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis to the first 100 eligible applicants. Prospective students are advised to contact ECU Student Village Mount Lawley at [email protected] to confirm room availability before accepting the course offer.
For students who have already accepted an offer to study at ECU, accommodation can be booked by visiting the ECU Village website.
Edith Cowan University’s 2023 International Accommodation Bursary presents an excellent opportunity for international students to study in Australia with reduced accommodation costs. By providing this partial funding, ECU aims to support students in pursuing their higher education dreams and experiencing the vibrant campus life in Australia. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t miss this chance to apply for the bursary and embark on an enriching academic journey at ECU.